• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

I've got 10 days to decide if I should extend the warranty of my EVGA GTX680 to 5 years for £16.... I can see myself having SLI 680s in three years time so think I might just do it.

Yeah the idle is strange I just installed afterburner to check fan speeds. Was set to auto when the gpu idled at 62c the fan speed was at like 25% I manually set the min to 50% and the idle temps temps dropped to like 45c.

My computer room is pretty hot tbh doesn't help its in the same room as hot water tank and family have the heating on full blast probably about 30c in here with the window open :(

Something's not right there.

My Gigabyte card (reference) at default settings idles @ ~32C, and full load (BF3) reaches up to 70C with a custom fan profile. At <35C the fan is at minimum speed (30%), and increases to 65% arond the 70C mark.

My room temp is around 22C, so the card is basically idling around 10C over ambient (and probably less as the ambient in my case is likely a degree or two higher owing to the other components in the system).

At full load that means the card is running approx 50C over ambient.

Even if your room temp IS 30C (that's VERY warm by the way) then you shouldn't be seeing idle temps much over 40C or so, but I could expect load temps to be around 80C.

This is why I think something's wrong. Load temps seem about correct based on your guessed room temperature, but idle temps seem well out of whack. This would lead me to conclude that:
a) IF idle temp is accurate, the heatsink is poorly mounted on the card (seems unlikely if load temps are accurate)
b) temperature sensor is somehow borked (though seems unlikely IF the load temps are accurate)

I don't think you could have such a poorly mounted heatsink that you see 62C idle but ONLY a ~20C rise under load. Those two figures don't seem right. As I said above the difference for my card is 40C over ambient between idle and load. If your card performs in the same way then you should expect ~40C idle and 80C load, but 62C idle and 80C load just doesn't tie up.

Oh snap, my card finally arrived. I saw a DPD van pull in and the guy head to my neighbours so I didn't think it was mine.

Saw him heading back and thought I might as well take her package. Turned out to be mine :D

977cb33f.jpg

0591190a.jpg

Very happy, just put it in as well.

It's extremely quiet and only a few mm longer than my old GTX 470. Can't wait to test it tonight.

Very Nice card you got there. Im seriously thinking of getting KFA2 4gb 680 version. Ive never heard of KFA2 but im sure i read somewhere on here their team is madeup of people from BFG. Is that right, cause my last 2 nvidia cards were BFG and they were great:)

Also is there any reviews yet on the 4gb 680 yet?

I heard the same, KFA2 are the old BFG chaps. It's the reason I ended up going for them instead of waiting on BFG, plus the this week only sale on the cards helped me decide :D

Very happy with it.

Ran Unigine heaven at the settings the benchmark thread has and got this

54124a68.png

All at stock, cpu included. According to their top 10 list it puts me at 4th :p
Plenty of power for a little m-itx system.

Going to try some games later at my native 2560x1440

Same res as me, but i feel i might be better off with a 4gb. I play heavly modded skyrim and later on games might need more.
Nice results there, what games you gonna try?

I don't have many new ones, but I'll certainly be playing Tribes, Witcher2, Civ 5, BFBC2 ( don't have BF3 yet), Metro 2033 and Hard Reset.

I've plenty to catch up on as well, although they're mostly classics.

Well I get to join this little "club".

Just ordered up a MSI GTX680 to test out Nvidia Surround with.

Pitting it directly against my HD7970 in Eyefinity should be a good test.

Now I just have to get the older RC11 drivers back on my system as the 12.4 set completely screwed up my Eyefinity profiles (and made the DP-DVI tearing worse).

Back
Top Bottom