• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

Installed mine last night and it doesn't help much with mine, only 20mhz on the core even though the temps only get to 45 max although i wasn't expecting it to really.

What core OC you running with now khemist? If I blow really hard on mine, I can just about reach 185. Not sustainable though for general performance. Although the fan isn't the loudest at 85% it still perforates my ear drums :p

Got four to play with :)

TestBench.jpg

Scratch what i said about 20mhz more, it seems it was some fluke run and i'm on the same 1340mhz as i was on air.

The block doesn't help at all for overclocking at these low temps.. need to be able to up the voltage!.

You see, that's what people would forget. Even tho 480's are hot and use more power, You never needed to put the heating on when using your system.

So you broke even with the power used by the 480, on your heating bill. :D

Never a truer word said in jest.

I fold for bit-tech, so I leave my rigs on 24/7. I turned off the central heating radiator in my room 18 months ago when I bought 2x480s and water cooled them.

It wasn't until my system died (motherboard) that my room got cold. :)

Out of interest, and to save me trawling the internet for the answer, these 680's - do they work ok on PCI-E 2.0 boards such as my Rampage 2 Extreme? I seem to remember them beign backwards compatible, but I'm not entirely sure what that actually means to the performance of them, and I've not seen anything on my favourite sites yet.. In truth, I've not really looked very hard...

Many thanks

Tatty

I got one of the "OCUK" Palit cards but im a little concerned its running to hot. 62c idle and like 80c running BF3 my case is pretty well cooled and managed by 2x 5870's fine. Anyone else been experiencing high temps?

The PCI-3 3.0 Vs 2.0 is an interesting result but suffice to say totally irellevant for anyone running single cards. Would not run out and buy a PCI-E 3.0 setup just for 1 680!

I got one of the "OCUK" Palit cards but im a little concerned its running to hot. 62c idle and like 80c running BF3 my case is pretty well cooled and managed by 2x 5870's fine. Anyone else been experiencing high temps?

My Gigabyte 680 running 2 monitors idles at 38 degrees. Battlefield 3 max temps 62 degrees in my rig. Stock cooling on the Gigabyte.

That does seem pretty high. Just check that the fan speed is set to Auto, as it shouldn't be getting up to 80C.

Yeah the idle is strange I just installed afterburner to check fan speeds. Was set to auto when the gpu idled at 62c the fan speed was at like 25% I manually set the min to 50% and the idle temps temps dropped to like 45c.

My computer room is pretty hot tbh doesn't help its in the same room as hot water tank and family have the heating on full blast probably about 30c in here with the window open :(

Back
Top Bottom