So who's running the SETI CUDA client then?

Soldato
Better put me in the list TT
MadMaC

Using BM 6.6 and seti CUDA 6.08. it seems OK, I was running for 4hrs last night with no troubles. I plan to turn my rig on again tonight and try running it overnight and see how I get on. Still getting compute errors for some units, but it doesn't seem to be crashing the machine or the graphics driver like it used to.
The scheduling seems a lot better, though I do seem to be downloading an unhealthy amount of AP WU's at the moment which is a real pita as each one takes 2 days solid to crunch. I could disable them in my profile for this machine, but someone has to do them...

Associate
Yes please . Add me. Add me.

q6600 @ 3.3 (water) + 9800GTX+
e8600 @ 4.2 (air) + 9800GTX+

Using Raistmers optimised V10a team mod. A few computation errors but not enough to worry about. Need to get the e8600 up to 4.4+, but I'll probably have to go to water on that too.

Associate
Hi,

Yes correct in that there are no optimised Cuda clients/binaries although there are several packages out that allow the standard Cuda client to work alongside optimised AP and V8 clients.

Most recent I have seen is Raistmers V10a package to allow multiple GPU's running Cuda to work alongside the AKV8 client plus optimised AP's and AP 5.03's

Cheers, Simon.

Soldato
I just wish I could get my GTX 295 working on both cores in Vista 64bit. I feel a bit hampered now...! Although I might get time this weekend to stick my old GX2 in my server for 24/7 crunching, that should help.

Man of Honour
No no.. not seti.. Rosetta! Arrrrrrrrrrrhhh.....*cough*

Don't worry, just do this:

moon-pirate.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I just wish I could get my GTX 295 working on both cores in Vista 64bit. I feel a bit hampered now...! Although I might get time this weekend to stick my old GX2 in my server for 24/7 crunching, that should help.

Similar situation here although I primarily run XP64 which does not seem to share the problem.

I have read threads where some say use 18*** drivers and just disable SLi while others advise to fit a 2nd monitor or extend your desktop across a 2nd display to split them up. I haven't spent too much time experimenting with this in Vista but may give it a go at the weekend.

Cheers, Simon.

Soldato
Just bought a 2nd hand 8800GTX ultra for 50 quid which wil be going into my work machine for 24/7 crunching :D
kev.morris - I remember you passing me last year, well I am coming right back at you now with a vengance!

edit - you might have a bit longer as Im switching to Rosetta until those damn pirates are sunk...

Last edited:

k3v

k3v

Associate
Just bought a 2nd hand 8800GTX ultra for 50 quid which wil be going into my work machine for 24/7 crunching :D
kev.morris - I remember you passing me last year, well I am coming right back at you now with a vengance!

edit - you might have a bit longer as Im switching to Rosetta until those damn pirates are sunk...

lol, i'm kev.morris. i don't suppose you want to pass on some hints/tips on using a graphics card, so i can fend off your challenge.

Soldato
lol, i'm kev.morris. i don't suppose you want to pass on some hints/tips on using a graphics card, so i can fend off your challenge.

When I get home I will look at which versions I am running as I have updated so many times that I cant remember which mod I have.
I think Im on boinc 6.5.x and running the v9a mod from lunatics but will update you later.
Only nvidia gpu's are supported at the moment...

Associate
humm, so it seems to work, can see the temps rise on the GPU, however when i come back to the machine after a while i have found it has stopped and is trying to crunch 3 WU;s on the CPU (task manager shows 3*33%)? any ideas how to stop this, might end up trying to upgrade to V10, however that needs a newer boinc client i think.

Man of Honour
You know I've searched everywhere but there doesn't really seem to be any input on what sort of increase you get adding say a 8800GT level card to to your computer.

I know it takes a week or so for the output to settle down when adding a new client, but what are you guys seeing in terms of throughput before and after?

Associate
You know I've searched everywhere but there doesn't really seem to be any input on what sort of increase you get adding say a 8800GT level card to to your computer.

I know it takes a week or so for the output to settle down when adding a new client, but what are you guys seeing in terms of throughput before and after?

i can let you know what my cuda cards did before my computers got packed away for the long trip back to europe.

my 9600gso (8800gs) card had an RAC of around 2500 on its own, so about the same as a fast core2duo

my gtx260 (216) card had an RAC of around 5000 on its own, so about the same as a fast quad.

i would guess that a 8800gt would be a bit faster than the 9600gso, so maybe about 3000....

Back
Top Bottom