So who's running the SETI CUDA client then?

Associate
well, so far on my 260, there has been 12 errors since 24th august- all with this error:
<core_client_version>6.6.20</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
- exit code -6 (0xfffffffa)
</message>
<stderr_txt>

VLAR WU (AR: 0.029390 )detected... autokill initialised
SETI@home error -6 Bad workunit header

File: ..\worker.cpp
Line: 144

</stderr_txt>
]]>

however, looks like for most of these, there's someone else who has errored on them as well, but usually someone with very long compute time (ie non CUDA i guess) that has completed the WU.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I believe the VLAR WUs are renowned for taking a very long time to process for no extra benefit, so much so that people who find they're running them tend to abort them. By the 'autokill initialised' message I assume you're using the VlarKill driver, which automatically detects and aborts all VLAR WUs.

So as long as the normal CUDA WUs are being completed successfully there's no problem at your end.

Associate
So much for for my rig.... Had it running for cuda 24 hours before I lost it. Everything has just gone pear shaped after installing the latest motherboard updates from msi. :( boot-up takes forever and it always loads up the realtek hd audio panel (and it just gets worse when trying to access the drives). System restore hasnt work so looks like its a ghost back-up made yesterday. Hopefully be back up and running in a few hours. Having to post from my N97...... Just not the same as the 40" sony.

Back
Top Bottom