So you take your Monaro to have a leak fixed...

Soldato
I don't think there is a youtube video in existance that doesn't have a swear word at some point or in the comments :/

I agree. Somehow, a "Youtube thread" is allowed in GD, that contains hundreds of videos with probably thousands of swear words in them - yet Motors aren't allowed a link to a car forum that contains the odd swear word.

Consistency?

Associate
Just had a quick search of the Road Hawks, looks pretty good.

Seriously contemplating it for 2 reasons.

Provides good evidence incase you are caught up in a traffic accident.

Because every time my car goes in for work / service, it has always done a few too many miles in "test driving". When bringing this up with them, they say, it is necessary etc..

Anyone else used them? Also, does anyone know if they can run on batteries for a period of time or just the supplied power lead?

Associate
[Duff]Chef;15039612 said:
Just had a quick search of the Road Hawks, looks pretty good.

Seriously contemplating it for 2 reasons.

Provides good evidence incase you are caught up in a traffic accident.

Because every time my car goes in for work / service, it has always done a few too many miles in "test driving". When bringing this up with them, they say, it is necessary etc..

Anyone else used them? Also, does anyone know if they can run on batteries for a period of time or just the supplied power lead?

The only thing I would say is if you like your "spirited drives" and the Police stop you they might want to look at the evidence.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15039312 said:
I dont get the whole swearing thing. Whilst obviously us swearing in posts isn't the done thing why does it matter if its in a link? The world wont implode and although many of the posters in Motors give the impression of being aged 12, either through looks or posting style, none of them actually are.

Mind you, anyone used Xbox live lately? The average 12 year olds vocab :eek:

I have to agree with fox, I was stood next to a pair of kids who could be no more than 10 and they were both mouthing of worse than I do!, I understand no swearing on here but why does a link have to be removed for a little bit of swearing, seems a bit petty to me!

Associate
Just had a look into the road hawk as I think having Video in your car is going to become more and more advisable, but it made one thing clear - how the hell did the garage not notice the big box - it's not exactly covert!!!

Soldato
You do wonder why anyone would bother fitting one to their car :confused:

So if you take it to the local garage and they take it out for a spin at £120 you can catch them?

Just had a look into the road hawk as I think having Video in your car is going to become more and more advisable, but it made one thing clear - how the hell did the garage not notice the big box - it's not exactly covert!!!

It's hardly a big box, they probably just thought it was some kind of GPS receiver, not a video camera.

Associate
Nice gadget, this roadhawk thing. It would have to be a "mod" for a stealthy installation to use it effectively though. Them garage people can turn it off for a few mins if they see it, no?

Man of Honour
£280 huh?

You do wonder why anyone would bother fitting one to their car :confused:

You do if you think a car can only ever be an appliance from transporting you from A to B.

The Monaro owner is the type of person you refuse to beleive exists, or, at best, believes has some sort of mental issue.

Associate
[TW]Fox;15039730 said:
You do if you think a car can only ever be an appliance from transporting you from A to B.

The Monaro owner is the type of person you refuse to beleive exists, or, at best, believes has some sort of mental issue.

It should be a requirement by law if you ask me to have one installed! This thing can solve a lot of problems. Privacy is not an issue as the data is stored locally and only used at the owners discretion (to prove their case ofc!).

Can also have the memory in the key (if factories are forced to include this as standard equipement!) to prevent it from being stolen with the car.

Caporegime
You have an accident with someone and there are no witnesses, you loose through lack of evidence and your car is written off or damaged, and you ware left with a claim on your insurance that removes your maxed out NCB and costs you an arm and a leg in insurance for the next 10 years...

...or £280 for all the evidence you need to blame the other guy.

No, your right, I cant see why anyone would

Sounds like a steal. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom