Social anxiety/phobia/shyness

Associate
Tend to go through cycles my self but anything from numbing ones mind with drugs (alcohol, caffine, smoke/green), skipping meals, eating lots, doctor/medication. Best to get out much as possible even though the initial social anxiety can be quite bad, in the end its miles better than the above.

Associate
In the end its best to stop the high/lows as the above would tend to cause & see a doctor. Easier said than done, god i know.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Haven't you got a loud bold mate you can hang with ?
I say that as a few people i know find it easier when i am about as i bring people into the conversation & am generally loud & chatty.

Soldato
I kinda grew out of it. I found working in sales, being articulate and knowing what I was talking about when approaching people really boosted my confidence.

Now I can talk to pretty much anyone in any circumstance. I'm not a friendly conversation starter, though and I do come across like a rather arrogant arse which I believe is just a shield of my lack of confidence.

Soldato
I used to be quite shy, still am occasionally, but the thing that helped me were some friends who were a lot more outgoing. Hanging out with them took me out of my comfort zone and made me face my shyness. I'm a lot more outgoing now than I was a few years back.

Soldato
Boost your confidence by getting better at something, mastering a skill and engaging in activities you find fufilling and stimulating.

Soldato
Boost your confidence by getting better at something, mastering a skill and engaging in activities you find fufilling and stimulating.
I really don't think this will help, yes you will be more confident about doing things but it can make you more seclusive depending on your skill.

Associate
I have a friend who suffers from this, he had a panic attack after i mentioned i was going to pop over to hang out, i've known him for years, thats pretty bad.

Soldato
I wouldn't say I suffer with it, but I am quite shy when I am meeting someone new, but found the more people I meet the more confident I become. Spending loads of time on the PC can really mess you up so I try to spend less time on it. I can be nervous around people I don't talk to a lot and sometimes feel very self conscious and don't know what to do about it so just put up with it. When you see everyone else you think nobody suffers from this so it's nice to hear some others do.

I find exercising helps me not only feel better, but to help me think better on my work and takes away the bad feelings.

I never take drugs and don't drink much, never seen a doctor but sometimes wish I was a bit more confident. I can't believe I'm saying all this on an internet forum.:D

Back
Top Bottom