Social Media getting a bit...overbearing.

Caporegime
Needless to say, I won't be going off on that tangent for various reasons. However, I am not saying that there aren't Black people who disagree with BLM or who vote differently, it'd be ridiculous to say that. Just that I am curious whether this particular group has increased in size in a statistically significant manner, as per your assertion. I guess we'll see in a few months.

Though perhaps I am looking at your assertion in the wrong manner, do you mean a general shift over the past few decades or very recently? As I would concede on the former, since it's rather natural that the civil rights act boon would diminish over time. Though the latter remains a matter of patience.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lets just hope Trump loses the election and all the left fringe and crazy communist groups will go back to sleep and stop trying to smash capitalism and perceived inequalities.
Trumps election has been the catalyst for all this nonsense.
I have (not too much) against the guy but hes too divisive, so hideously unqualified on any level and too chatty.

Why this crap spilled back into Europe..... i will never know.

Soldato
I would disagree on that. I think Trump's election was in response to the threat from the extreme left. So long as the extreme left rears its ugly head, conservative voters will keep trump in as there's no alternative.

Caporegime
Needless to say, I won't be going off on that tangent for various reasons. However, I am not saying that there aren't Black people who disagree with BLM or who vote differently, it'd be ridiculous to say that. Just that I am curious whether this particular group has increased in size in a statistically significant manner, as per your assertion. I guess we'll see in a few months.

Though perhaps I am looking at your assertion in the wrong manner, do you mean a general shift over the past few decades or very recently? As I would concede on the former, since it's rather natural that the civil rights act boon would diminish over time. Though the latter remains a matter of patience.

I understand, people in this country have problems discussing race openly. Which is probably why the racist stereotype that black people are oppressed victims who need to be rescued has persisted for so long.

Both, as there has been a reduction in real racism there has been a corresponding increase in imagined racism over the last few decades, and the very recent events which caused peoples homes and businesses to be burned down has seen the group widely condemned by the black communities affected who have speaking on the news against the recent BLM propaganda.

Lets just hope Trump loses the election and all the left fringe and crazy communist groups will go back to sleep and stop trying to smash capitalism and perceived inequalities.
I have (not too much) against the guy but hes too divisive, so hideously unqualified on any level and too chatty.

BLM have been doing this for years, well before trump got into power.

I would disagree on that. I think Trump's election was in response to the threat from the extreme left. So long as the extreme left rears its ugly head, conservative voters will keep trump in as there's no alternative.

Agreed. BLM seem to pushing more intelligent black people over to the republican side, the moron looters aren't gonna be the ones voting at the polls, they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
The reason why this has spilled over here is due to the doctrine of critical theory gaining a huge amount of traction in western academia over the past 20-30 years. It's a bit of a mind plague tbh and quite simply is just very divisive, it encourages this sort of grievance culture and shaming from which there is simply no atonement, ever.

Caporegime

Is this a perceived inequality?

coOrlrI.png eHIJutf.png
xqG9G1E.png hUnfRjc.png

BLM is just a facet of this realistically, one that unfortunately keeps people from having a reasonable discussion about what's going wrong. One might conclude that is the point.

Even if you got rid of these social grievances, whether real or not, it won't stop the reason they existed in the first place, people are desperate to have a stake in their country and their own future and they aren't getting it. People are fooling themselves if they think all of it is some communist grievance.

Why can't we have the golden age of capitalism back? Why the hell is every criticism of the current mess always a false dichotomy with communism?

Destabilisation is the new normal until this is resolved, better just get used to it.

Last edited:
Soldato

BLM is just a facet of this realistically, one that unfortunately keeps people from having a reasonable discussion about what's going wrong. One might conclude that is the point.

Even if you got rid of these social grievances, whether real or not, it won't stop the reason they existed in the first place, people are desperate to have a stake in their country and their own future and they aren't getting it. People are fooling themselves if they think all of it is some communist grievance.

Why can't we have the golden age of capitalism back? Why the hell is every criticism of the current mess always a false dichotomy with communism?

Destabilisation is the new normal until this is resolved, better just get used to it.
I completely agree. Capitalism isn't hurt by greater taxes on the super-rich but so many believe it is. We can only come to a global agreement on such taxes when more people see that and the masses start demanding it.

Soldato

You're ignoring the fact that "wealth" has increased as well, so poor people have also got richer. Poor people are better off now than they have ever been. It simply doesn't matter if billionaires now have 100 billion rather than 20 billion if the average citizens quality of life has improved. As long as we keep going in that direction then it doesn't matter what the super rich have. There's no point focusing on what wealth billionaires have. If you split all of Jeff Bezos' wealth among the rest of America, it's $328 each. Like, great? Maybe we're better off having him create Amazon and employee thousands of people, indirectly create probably millions of jobs, as well as the vast economic activity that is almost immeasurable across the globe.

Caporegime
Ahh the usual argument, they're job creators... sure, it can't possibly be the demand created by the workers that is the creator of said jobs. It's fair that the person who took on the risk to start the business should be compensated for it, but that doesn't mean they should be deified. Also, Amazon is an interesting example, the company's work culture is impressively grim, probably a pretty good look into the future for everyone else once the oligopolies are untouchable and can do whatever they like.

I can't wait to see that idealism be used when they're replaced by automatons that don't complain, don't demand a wage and don't consume anything other than power.

Either way, this unequal gain in the share of wealth is contorting society, for instance the most obvious issue is the advancing gentrification in major cities, as such the likes of San Francisco have been practically voided of culture. I'm sure the capitalists of the 1920's thought it was going just fine as well, until it wasn't, I suppose we'll see how it unfolds.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're ignoring the fact that "wealth" has increased as well, so poor people have also got richer. Poor people are better off now than they have ever been. It simply doesn't matter if billionaires now have 100 billion rather than 20 billion if the average citizens quality of life has improved. As long as we keep going in that direction then it doesn't matter what the super rich have. There's no point focusing on what wealth billionaires have. If you split all of Jeff Bezos' wealth among the rest of America, it's $328 each. Like, great? Maybe we're better off having him create Amazon and employee thousands of people, indirectly create probably millions of jobs, as well as the vast economic activity that is almost immeasurable across the globe.
so much much savings do the 50% poor have compared to 20years ago?
yea I'm not convinced poor people got richer

how many single people in the bottom 50% have a garden, I'm guessing about 0 unless they share a house with someone else and I'm guessing their savings are almost 0

Maybe we're better off having him create Amazon and employee thousands of people, indirectly create probably millions of jobs, as well as the vast economic activity that is almost immeasurable across the globe.
How many jobs and companies got destroyed by amazon, how many retail shops had to close.

how many of these people took lesser paying jobs at amazon in worst working conditions that they had.

how much more taxes would all these small business be paying if amazon didn't exist.

I'd argue the government sees far more return when amazon doesn't exist.

amazon is just a race to the bottom it doesn't create meaningful jobs just tons of crap ones that drive people slowly insane.

how many years did amazon not make a profit for whilst pumping the money back in to expansion and trying to create a mega monopoly the world has never seen before.

it;s probably one of the most evil corporations in the world it's only aim is to crush and destroy the competition at all costs until they have an absolute monopoly.

all amazon gives the world is chinese cheap crap and lesser working conditions

Last edited:
Soldato
so much much savings do the 50% poor have compared to 20years ago?
yea I'm not convinced poor people got richer

how many single people in the bottom 50% have a garden, I'm guessing about 0 unless they share a house with someone else and I'm guessing their savings are almost 0

How many jobs and companies got destroyed by amazon, how many retail shops had to close.

how many of these people took lesser paying jobs at amazon in worst working conditions that they had.

how much more taxes would all these small business be paying if amazon didn't exist.

I'd argue the government sees far more return when amazon doesn't exist.

amazon is just a race to the bottom it doesn't create meaningful jobs just tons of crap ones that drive people slowly insane.

how many years did amazon not make a profit for whilst pumping the money back in to expansion and trying to create a mega monopoly the world has never seen before.

it;s probably one of the most evil corporations in the world it's only aim is to crush and destroy the competition at all costs until they have an absolute monopoly.

all amazon gives the world is chinese cheap crap and lesser working conditions

Amazon didn't destroy companies or retail shops, those companies or retail shops were destroyed because they didn't meet the needs of the consumer. Amazon is simply a reflection of what the market demands, which is cheap goods delivered to their door. Amazon has a highly refined logistics system that allows next day or same delivery, it isn't possible for your local DIY or electric shop to provide that by themselves.

It is not the job of Amazon to pay as much tax as possible, it is their job to pay as little tax as possible to remain competitive. If Amazon isn't paying enough tax but is operating legally, which it is, then the problem is the frame work in which they are allowed to operate.

The government doesn't see far more return because companies are selling millions of goods on Amazon than wouldn't have been sold at all, people are using a cheap fast service so are more likely to spend the money than if they had to spend their Saturday afternoon walking around shops. They then also may use that free time to go out for a meal or drinks, making the economy even more active.

You're choosing to focus on warehouse jobs at Amazon, why not focus on the thousands of other jobs it creates in technology and research? Those jobs don't exist in small companies. Small companies aren't creating Alexa and having an entire division focused on artificial intelligence and learning.

Absolute rubbish it's an evil company. It has provided millions of customers with super convenient cheap high quality goods. Amazon doesn't sell cheap chinese crap, not sure if you're still living in 2004 or something but Amazon sells high end products, it isn't Wish.

Caporegime
really high end products? lol look how many fakes and cheap chinese crap exists on their which brakes after 1-2 weeks if your lucky for it to last that long.

people have been complaining about the fakes for years and amazon seems to just turn a blind eye.

what else was it amazon sold those ride on things with the exploding batteries high quality goods for sure

Man of Honour
Yep, this. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and he was the reaction. The more extreme one side gets then the more extreme the other side gets.

Soldato
It was. People voting for Trump was the push back to a loud, far left minority.

Boris winning was the same thing. Even the north voted tory just to keep Corbyn out.

Back
Top Bottom