Solar panel production figures

Looks like im ending on 21.10, gone 8pm, sun is still out but 7w from solar as its behind the house now, 2nd best day, wasn't far off beating #1 spot at 21.40.

Tried getting GE inverter wireless to update via hotspot on ipad and connecting to gateway inverter which can have a slave but a no go, gonna start insisting response from installer Monday if they cant send someone over to flip the dip switch to lan as the system needs shutting down before doing it.

Wouldn't have this problem if they installed the wifi antenna but they didn't and they didnt even tell me they were taking it away with them, AIO+Gateway costs ~£7000 they shouldn't have taken anything away, thats my property.

Last edited:
26.6 which makes this the best day since the first week of July.

520 so far for the month, not sure I'll hit 550 given tomorrow looks pretty poor weather wise.

System reports 4008 kWh generated since install, so will see what next month or so adds to get to my year total :)

@gpuerrilla I have been staring at this since Thursday. Decided to give up when I couldnt get any data to send when trying a hotspot and connecting to the gateway.

image.png

Only thing I have not tried is buying a wifi antenna but I shouldn't have to, I should already have one and it should have been installed regardless to how close it was to router.

@gpuerrilla I have been staring at this since Thursday. Decided to give up when I couldnt get any data to send when trying a hotspot and connecting to the gateway.

Only thing I have not tried is buying a wifi antenna but I shouldn't have to, I should already have one and it should have been installed regardless to how close it was to router.

What is it you need? Share the device, apologies if you had already. I have some aerials from devices if it helps.

What is it you need? Share the device, apologies if you had already. I have some aerials from devices if it helps.
The GE chap I was speaking with said 2.4ghz wifi antenna SMA with 30cm of coax but its a bit of a tight fit being a big chap and cant see what im doing on the side of the unit where the panel is, appreciate the offer but don't want to inconvenience anybody if im getting them out to switch over to LAN, they should have sent someone over on Friday at the very least or today. I am just gobsmacked they didnt install teh antenna regardless of proximity to router and decided to take a piece of my hardware with them when they left.

Spent around £40 on some cables (couple of 15m and couple of 5m cables, 5m for inside cupboard and longer ones for network switch down in cupboard)

Last edited:
Always get wired over the wireless bud. My installer threw in the wifi dongle otherwise I would have just fitted the ethernet myself now I know how the unit gets wired.
I didn't even realise that was an option, I thought the lan and everything was talk between the two systems. had the hardwire for AIO to gateway otherwise I would have bought all the cabling and whatnot before they were due to arrive.

Lesson learnt, but the switchover should only take a little while so not sure why they couldn't get someone out for a quick fix instead of dragging it out but hey ho :)

Only reason it needs powering off is due to dip switch, not sure why all cannot be active at once tbh.

Was doing so well today, not as good as yesterday but got up to 13kw before it started raining :( Currently on 13.8 and I dont think im going to get much more, looks like sky is full of clouds and will probably rain for rest of the day :(

Also not sure how long it will last but GE portal came alive at ~14:30 but have been half hour gaps in data so who knows how long it will last lol.

Battery has 82% in it, im guessing it got a full charge yesterday and got topped up nicely today.

Just over 6 today, that leaves 16.5 to get tmrw just to equal april………
OOF, that is pretty harsh.

My GE portal updates didnt last long but thankfully my mum has an old huawei phone from few years ago with a crack down the screen that she hasnt used in a couple of years and I got that updated to see if I could share wifi and it has a fantastic wifi bridge option, ive had 3 successive updates in the last 15 minutes, just need to see how often battery lasts :D

With 1 poor day left of July looks like June may well be my best month for this year, cant see August beating it.

This is my first full year of having solar installed, overall happy with the performance and will hit the numbers given to me when it was all planned.

40q3rp.png

Back
Top Bottom