Solar panel production figures

Associate
Summer is coming

image.png

Jokes aside I ended the day on 17.70 yield, 16.5 according to GE portal.

Edit
That image was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

Edit 2
Thats better

Last edited:
Associate
Nice day today, up to 14 so far and sun looks to be out for rest of afternoon.

Octopus switchover is now complete, now I got to figure out what tariff to go on and get the export payments sorted and whatnot. Got MCS and MPAN number info through, just need to get the communications sorted for the givenergy gear which should be happening Monday.

Its wireless, so maybe that's it.
There's an ethernet socket a meter away from the inverter, so I could hardwire it. I think I looked a while ago and couldn't see an ethernet port on the inverter.

Might be there is an ethernet dongle, I am pretty sure on mine you in effect buy a wifi or ethernet dongle.

Soldato
I just cannot get the maths to work on these, what kind of payback periods are you folks looking at for solar and battery systems?
my motivation wasn't making money it was reducing my carbon debt so I didn't spend too long on the cost, other than that it would pay for itself in the end.
however for my 5.1 kw system with 7.2kwh battery it was £8.5k with birdproofing. It all depends on where energy prices go but I am looking at 8-10 years.
hopefully the system will last 20 years+

I was (and am still) happy with my price however my mate just built a ground based system.i think around 15kw worth of panels it went online a few days back and is currently peaking at over10kwh max output and almost 60kWh per day generated. bear in mind that is far from ideal generating weather

cost him £10k as he did the frame construction himself... he has not got his battery yet that will cost more.
it makes my install seem positively a rip off

Last edited:
Caporegime
my motivation wasn't making money it was reducing my carbon debt so I didn't spend too long on the cost, other than that it would pay for itself in the end.
however for my 5.1 kw system with 7.2kwh battery it was £8.5k with birdproofing. It all depends on where energy prices go but I am looking at 8-10 years.
hopefully the system will last 20 years+

That sounds a bargain!

Soldato
Prices are up a lot recently like everything else.
I thought that but then see my edit with my mates system. work only started on it 3 weeks ago and it went live a few days back.
I was frankly stunned at how much he got for such little cash.

he got multiple quotes for same system and they varied by over £5K

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought that but then see my edit with my mates system. work only started on it 3 weeks ago and it went live a few days back.
I was frankly stunned at how much he got for such little cash.

he got multiple quotes for same system and they varied by over £5K
Mainly on batteries they are gouging, but ground system will always be a lot cheaper than retrofitting on a roof.

Back
Top Bottom