Solar panel production figures

Associate
So from January 1st to August 13th, solar has saved me £544....thats in power used instead of import and export costs to the grid.

Not bad for a 3.2kw system that cost 5.2k
Nice, had mine installed on 19th of last month but so far Solax yield is 408.80 and givenergy portal says 377.5 generated and 60 exported. Weather been super rough since I got it installed compared to last year lol

Sun gone again behind clouds and we are pretty much just breaking event on generation/consumption.

On another note for those with IHD's are they able to run off a power bank at all, can't seem to track down info on the connector on the back of my "IHD3-PPMID-AAA"

Edit
Battery only got up to 91% today :( Sun gone and now consumption is higher than generation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well got my notification back from DNO so signed up for octopus outgoing, account says this 'We're setting you up to join Octopus Outgoing Fixed. We need to book your smart meter exchange next.' hope thats just rubbish wording while they connect as the meter is brand new :cry:

Associate
Probably a miscommunication, I got signed up over phone (which prevents you from using referral codes even after account created I got told today ><) and after logging in I done my meter reading and I got an E-Mail couple days later saying switchover was done but they still waiting for my meter reading lol

They told me they have started process for export mpan when I signed up so waiting on that and I can switch over to flux now but am hesitant due to weather as I don't want to be caught out during expensive period and the guys that were supposed to come out and connect my solar stuff via LAN didn't turn up so still cannot communicate reliably with the inverter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably a miscommunication, I got signed up over phone (which prevents you from using referral codes even after account created I got told today ><) and after logging in I done my meter reading and I got an E-Mail couple days later saying switchover was done but they still waiting for my meter reading lol

They told me they have started process for export mpan when I signed up so waiting on that and I can switch over to flux now but am hesitant due to weather as I don't want to be caught out during expensive period and the guys that were supposed to come out and connect my solar stuff via LAN didn't turn up so still cannot communicate reliably with the inverter.

I don't know if it changed, but I also originally signed up over phone.

Once I got into online account I was able to retrospectively add referral code near the bottom of the account homepage.

Soldato
OP
Well got my notification back from DNO so signed up for octopus outgoing, account says this 'We're setting you up to join Octopus Outgoing Fixed. We need to book your smart meter exchange next.' hope thats just rubbish wording while they connect as the meter is brand new :cry:

Seems to be pretty standard, I think they just like to confuse people.

Associate
So from January 1st to August 13th, solar has saved me £544....thats in power used instead of import and export costs to the grid.

Not bad for a 3.2kw system that cost 5.2k
I need to update mine with the last couple of months of data

I feel I've had a decent saving probably not £500 though (thankfully my setup only cost me £1000)

Associate
I don't know if it changed, but I also originally signed up over phone.

Once I got into online account I was able to retrospectively add referral code near the bottom of the account homepage.
weird, I was told that it wasn't possible by their twitter, ill give them call tomorrow. When I tried clicking to add referral code it just goes to a blank purple page, tried over two days.

Edit
Took a punt going to old dashboard in new tab and the box came up that time

Edit 2
weird, all explore energy use data seems to have gone and it says they aint had no readings for past few days but I was looking at weekend and yesterday yesterday lol.

Last edited:
Associate
12 on the nose as of checking just now and 13.5 battery gone from 44% lowest this morning to 90%. Should get to 100% ez, inverter at 52c though atm.

Edit
Bloke not showing up yesterday to sort my lan connection out to solar gear was my fault, I didn't remember seeing the 21st august after Monday as I stopped to reply I had a vets appointment on the monday lol. I just assumed after nearly a month they would schedule something for a shorter duration than 2 weeks lol.

Edit 2
Now exporting at 3kw 12:54.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be pretty standard, I think they just like to confuse people.
Yes, today it says they've applied for my export mpan and it can take several weeks. Everyone must apply for these numbers, would seem easier if they just issued one when they process a g99/98.

Last edited:
Associate
hot damn, I am up to 20 and its only 3pm :D Export is only 4.5 though as im scared to charge battery overnight incase I cant turn it off, assuming I can even get the command to go through to turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom