Solar panel production figures

4.5 today and I checked solax site again and its now showing 2023, that was from July 19th onwards :)

image.png

I don't like it either. There are loads of negative comments about it on the Solax forums etc, but hey that's the internet, I'm sure someone somewhere likes the new version :D
They have made it difficult to understand. I tried the edit (which is nice) but decided to use the old style

Reminds me of the latest "upgrade" to the Fox ESS app. Still no reporting of solar PV yield, even more clicks to get where you want and it also appears to have broken the ability to change battery settings for some users. They also managed to conveniently "block" the use of third party apps (which are superior) by accident, though have recently rolled this back.

Yeah agree it arrived for me today and its pretty but its basically all the old stuff just rearranged.
I mean where previously they called it yield which you could debate could include battery output, it now specifically says PV yield, which is "a lie" now.
Its not PV yield, again its basically consumption, but with export on top if you have some.

No idea is this just a bad choice of wording when converting from Chinese to English, or just deliberate. I tend to lean to just lazy language conversion.

You'll still find some Chinglish in the menus. It is a shame they didn't correct the way Yield is calculated, especially when the Solax Inverter contains an entity for just solar generation.

One nice feature..... it now reports the battery capacity in kWh not just as a % full.

Back on topic, so far the weather today has been a rotter....

Back
Top Bottom