Solar panel production figures

Aye but you'll never appear on the live data. I don't think you will even if you post the info to the site manually each hour.

There are 11 live submission people each day currently.
But its not about live power…..its about total submission per day for the team. Theres over 20 in the team and i dont have the systems available to provide live power……and its pvoutput, not live pvoutput only.

Last edited:
But its not about live power…..its about total submission per day for the team. Theres over 20 in the team and i dont have the systems available to provide live power……and its pvoutput, not live pvoutput only.
You're right of course, as a team it's about how much we generate in total - but the live submissions gives a really interesting view on how the the sun moves across the country and how different people perform on various days in real time. :)

You're right of course, as a team it's about how much we generate in total - but the live submissions gives a really interesting view on how the the sun moves across the country and how different people perform on various days in real time. :)
Again….i dont have a pc or any way of adding live data…….i will carry inputting manually. It still data for pvoutput.

Again….i dont have a pc or any way of adding live data…….i will carry inputting manually. It still data for pvoutput.

I know that! I'm just saying, it's fun to see the live data - not having a pop. :)

It's nice to see that someone still lives without needing tech on 24/7... I mean you could get a Pi to do it for you... that barely uses any power... just saying :D :p

I know that! I'm just saying, it's fun to see the live data - not having a pop. :)

It's nice to see that someone still lives without needing tech on 24/7... I mean you could get a Pi to do it for you... that barely uses any power... just saying :D :p
I could, but have no use to right now…….i got better things to spend money on. I’ll stick with my ipad and the mrs ipad for our daily use. Not needed anything else for the last 10yrs since having them.

I could, but have no use to right now…….i got better things to spend money on. I’ll stick with my ipad and the mrs ipad for our daily use. Not needed anything else for the last 10yrs since having them.

That's cool - good for you! :)

I'm too much of a tech fan - being able to unplug though and not be is really good, allows you to be more present and less engrossed which isn't a bad thing. :)

That's cool - good for you! :)

I'm too much of a tech fan - being able to unplug though and not be is really good, allows you to be more present and less engrossed which isn't a bad thing. :)
I used to be a big tech fan….but as i get older, i realise i spent too much time in tech and i dont want that anymore.

In the future who knows, i may retire in a few years and the home office could be used as a tech room, but then i cant take that to spain, france, Australia etc etc….for where im thinking of retiring too.

I used to be a big tech fan….but as i get older, i realise i spent too much time in tech and i dont want that anymore.

In the future who knows, i may retire in a few years and the home office could be used as a tech room, but then i cant take that to spain, france, Australia etc etc….for where im thinking of retiring too.

When we relocate all the tech is coming with us probably! :D

But yes if you don't need it and you don't miss it then absolutely makes sense. I barely use my beast of a water cooled PC because I use my work laptop when I'm at home as... I'm working! And with 2 kids and a busy social life, and a lot of travel I barely use anything other than my phone or my personal laptop, TVs and hifi. But it's nice to have the kit as and when you need it!

Prepping the sd card was the hardest bit, attach it to a card reader and follow a guide to getting ubuntu onto it.

Once it's setup you can run it headless and connect to it via WinSCP and Putty :)

Last edited:
Prepping the sd card was the hardest bit, attach it to a card reader and follow a guide to getting ubuntu onto it.

Once it's setup you can run it headless and connect to it via WinSCP and Putty :)
Yeah, it's way easier these days - just download:

Choose Home Assistant or whatever you want and hit the button!

And don't become obsessed with pvout! :D

@Zeeflyboy you're cooking on gas solar today! Also I notice you're not a million miles from me! :)

Yeah pretty decent day today, you can see I peak early this time of year due to that damned neighbours roof… he’s gone on holiday today some maybe I could shave a few feet off the top and see if he notices.

It’s interesting to watch - I’m generally exceeding the forecast generation up until about 12:00 or so and then I fall beneath it as the panels start to shade.

Whereabouts are you?

Last edited:
Oh nice, the missus loves south lodge.

I just managed to get remote access to the Solis inverter, so now at least I can change the charge settings without going to the garage.

Annoyingly you can’t set a percentage to charge to yet… you can just specify the charge window and rate of charge so I’m doing it indirectly by working out how many kWh I want to add and then dividing it by the 4hr window to find the required charge rate.

Battery state reports to Home assistant, so if I was more clever I’m sure there would be a way to get it to charge to a certain percentage based on the latest Solar forecast at 00:15 and use the remote ability to the set the charge rate to zero when the percentage is reached… unfortunately I’m not more clever so I’ll have to wait for someone to figure it out for me. I know there are ways to do it if I use modbus but then I lose SolisCloud which is a shame.

SolisCloud is new though, so hopefully they might add some more smart features in the future!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom