Solar panel production figures

Impressive, strong rays on that Welsh mountain.
my system started producing at 7.45am yesterday and stopped at smack on 5pm....and it was in full sun all day, no shading issues with me and at 4.20pm i was still producing 500whs

today its 10.42am and we are 3.8kwhs already and been exporting since 8.15am

Last edited:
All looks like it’s uploading correctly to pvoutput now, no idea why but the yield had stopped updating in home assistant. Restarted and it kicked into life - go figure.

Next thing I need to do is figure out how to do a dual rate tariff for energy from the grid so I can get a more accurate estimate of daily costs.

Finally got a delivery date confirmed for the EV - coming 9th March, exciting! I fully charged the packs last night on the basis of a pretty awful Solar forecast but it looks like we will beat expectations and the packs are at 98% full… looking forward to when I can try and push the rest into the car on days like that.

Sunny for us in the morning but it will cloud over later I think.

Out of interest, you have a really efficient system, have you not considered batteries? Seems that you'd benefit quite a bit from them.
im monitoring usage this year, before thinking of adding batteries. At the time in october of having it all fitted, i couldnt stretch the extra 3k needed for the battery....but as im exporting at 15p, im still getting a decent benefit from the export.

I would also need to change the inverter too, but an AC coupled inverter and battery is an option.

im monitoring usage this year, before thinking of adding batteries. At the time in october of having it all fitted, i couldnt stretch the extra 3k needed for the battery....but as im exporting at 15p, im still getting a decent benefit from the export.

I would also need to change the inverter too, but an AC coupled inverter and battery is an option.

Ah fair comment - adds a bit of cost. Yes 15p isn't bad, which is why I'm not too bothered about exporting. However I think I've definitely seen the benefit and advantage of having the batteries especially in winter.

Ah fair comment - adds a bit of cost. Yes 15p isn't bad, which is why I'm not too bothered about exporting. However I think I've definitely seen the benefit and advantage of having the batteries especially in winter.
i agree batteries do look a good option, but for me...my small system only cost 5k last October and the amount i will export at 15p is pretty high, i mean the last 5 days i have exported 50kwhs, against an import of 16kwhs. Yes it will be higher/lower based on weather and time of year, but for now im good and just want to make sure when i spend the extra, its for the right reasons. Being a very low user of electric, i have to weigh up the cost benefit

This is my last four days export v import

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom