Solar panel production figures

What's the story with the gaff anyway? Is it including battery discharge or something? Often they are "generating" until 11 at night!

PS just passed 10kWh so far today.
It's a SolarEdge system with battery, and it reports battery discharge as generation, which means when the battery is charged from the grid it gives very misleading values, even if its not charging from the grid then it's still showing incorrect solar yeild data.

I've looked at the costs with them and considerably more (3.2k versus 7.8k)

I'm guessing you got online estimate, ours (5 bed 70's detached) was £14k after the BUS grant :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure that's well OTT though. We've got two local Heatgeeks luckily so when the time comes I'll see what they come up with, and also Octopus/BG.

It's based on assumptions and the EPC, you can go to the Heatgeeks website, enter your postcode and house number and it will give an estimate, so at best it's a very vague estimate based on limited information. Really it needs a proper survey to get an accurate price.

Our gas bill is well under half of what they suggested it was.

Last edited:
I only started exporting at 11:00, turned down my charge rate last night, so the batteries only charged to 75%.

Flux import is 15.17p, day export is 15.65p, so by the time you take losses into account it will be less than the import rate, so as the better weather is here it makes sense to change less.

Now exporting at almost 5 kW, well I will be when I turn this computer off!

Back
Top Bottom