Solar panel production figures

It was absolutely dire here, just 9.43 generated and 7.79 exported, worst day since the 22 March.

And to add insult to injury I get home and find two seagulls trying to make a nest on my roof, between the solar panels and the ridge, all twigs and sticks all over my panels :mad: Thing is there is two rows of bird spikes along there, so they must have felt a spike or two!

So out with the ladders, gloves, bucket, hi-vis coat (figured they might not like bright colours) and up I go, and remove all the detritus, they must have been heavy smokers as there was at least four dog ends! Luckily I didn't get dive bombed!

No seagulls were harmed, and in the interest of bird safety, the materials were removed.

Fortunately my roof is fairly accessible, I get on to a ground floor roof, then secure a ladder into the corner and climb onto the main roof, which was a bit slippery, but its a valley between two right angle roofs which makes it easier, and concrete tiles, so nice and strong.

Lets hope they don't come back!

Last edited:
Had an email from Loop tonight:

Solar makes loads of sense anyway, but did you know that where you live in the country makes a difference? It's down to "solar irradiance" or the strength of the sun in your area and it has a big impact. A solar installation in the CT postcode area for example will generate up to 30% more than the same system in the North of Scotland!
Next up, how long do you think solar panels would take to pay for themselves? Fifteen years? Longer? How about less than seven, thanks to keen pricing and the persistent high price of energy.

This is one of the shortest solar payback periods we've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom