Solar panel production figures

An average day at 29.43 generated and 23.97 exported.

So far so good. With the sun we have had, if today was yesterday, we'd have gone over 260v.

I seem to remember you saying a transformer went bang, I wonder if they linked you into another supply, and raised the voltage so it could cope with the extra demand - there are large swings from around 222v to over 260v, could also explain why you heard a mini digger last night if they were installing a new transformer. Looks like you're back to where you were previously.

Last edited:
I seem to remember you saying a transformer went bang, I wonder if they linked you into another supply, and raised the voltage so it could cope with the extra demand - there are large swings from around 222v to over 260v, could also explain why you heard a mini digger last night if they were installing a new transformer. Looks like you're back to where you were previously.
You're right.

There are 2 small sub stations within 500m of my house....BOTH went bang. So I / they were being "back fed" from one about 1/4 mile away. This was a temp fix to keep the lights on. Initially they switched me to a lower voltage from another phase. It didn't work so looks like my continual moaning made them fix it asap.

They had no idea where the voltage was coming from as when tsting what was coming out of the substation it was 245ish. By the time they traced it up the road to me it was increasing till the 260+ I was getting. Assumption it was local solar generation and the grid not dealing with it properly due to the temp fix they had employed.

Yesterday was only 19.5 kWh, system production so far for August is 185.43 kWh up to the 7th

Today not looking so good only at 9.63 kWh

Last edited:
9.1 so far today, but doesn't look like i'm going to get a full charge in the batteries.
Currently sat at 92% full, but the PV has just dropped to 240w which doesn't even cover the base house usage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom