Solar panel production figures

I'm averaging about 100-150kwh per month less than the same period last year for June and July.

Same period last year for me was a poor spell, i.e. this year and last year were equally poor. People with many years of solar will be able to share which year was actually a good year.

6kWh for me today, may as well been February.

Er, what happened to pretty much everyone else today???

Very nice sunny day down here in south east Kent, only half a dozen dips in the generation today, 47 generated and 42.353 exported.

There is not an emoji I can select here that represents this statement for me Ron!

Last edited:
Well, decided to check Octopus account to see my Export Fixed extension to 2025 but instead it still says 2024 and they have moved me from Gas Tracker to Flexible Gas Tariff and my account cant get any import tariff to load, jesus christ.

Person who picks up tomorrow better not pull any crap about having to wait for 9 months because I didn't change or ask for this change.

Good luck getting someone first try who knows what they are doing!
I took another punt at getting someone to help on twitter, sent message explaining the problem and details on what tariff I was on just incase they lost that info and then went to bed, literally just woke PC up to find this response.

Thank you for getting in touch about this and for confirming these details!I have restored all your tariffs.
The electricity is now back on Agile December 2023 through till Feb 15th, 2025 and the gas is now back on Tracker December 2023 through till Feb 28th, 2025.
These should be be updated online for you right away too In addition to this I can confirm that your Export tariff was correctly renewed and the fixed export rate will run through till Oct 18th, 2025.
I would also like to apologise that these errors occurred with your tariffs.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!Kind regards,P.S. I’m working remotely from New Zealand hence the early/late response to your message.
Our UK-based team will be sure to answer any other messages once they are back online in the morning.

ALL HAIL THE NEW ZEALAND TEAM, I checked my account and everything is back to normal, have literally no ******* clue what the first guy did lol.

Now to go get my coffee.

Last edited:
I always DM them on twitter. It's the, it seems, quickest way of getting a resolution.
thats what I did to get extension, no clue how he balsed it up though, anyway now thats all sorted.

4am update of Solcast on HA prediction changed from 11 to 12.93

currently at 13:00 I am at 8.2 and unless sun properly comes out before sun goes behind house I reckon its going to be fairly accurate.

You guys have had more luck than me, took me about 3 months to get a refund of £1000 for them as there was a single missing day in the period. Took a lot of time to get them to resolve.

Just to add to the above:

How much data is stored on a Smart Meter?
The SMETS 2 specification requires the following data to be recorded and stored.
Half-hourly electricity data:
  • 13 months of consumption (Active Energy Import)
  • 3 months of active energy exported
  • 3 months of reactive energy imported
  • 3 months of reactive energy exported.
Gas data:
  • 3 months of half-hourly consumption
  • 13 months of monthly consumption.

Read more at: https://www.smartme.co.uk/smets-2.html#qa © SmartMe.co.uk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom