Solar panel production figures

30.10Kwh today on the house plus a tank of hot water and we exported 15.30Kwh I just had my first payment from the SEG of just over £150 for a wee tiny bit over one megawatt.
12Kwh made on the workshop and exported 7Kwh of that as well today
I'm starting to look to the winter and a cheap over night charge tariff but would like to stick to with the Gas board for the power anyone hear on one of there cheep overnight tariffs ie EV car or economy 7 tariffs as the solar numbers come the dark months just wont do the job and looking at the numbers i will be around the 250Kwh short a month of what's needed for for the 4 dark months and them months last year cost me £500 in Electric with no solar

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

36.85kWh generated. Had a slow start to the day, picked up in the afternoon but still disappointing overall... That's enough for 4th place today on the OcUK PVOutput table but a lowly 19th in terms of efficiency... I know I'm never going to do well by that metric owing to my split orientation but still...

That's enough for 4th place today on the OcUK PVOutput table but a lowly 19th in terms of efficiency.

You can likely make that third place, we don't count "The gaff", their SolarEdge system cheats, it counts what's discharged from the battery as generation, so its difficult to know their true generation. It was still generating 2kW when it was dark last night :cry:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DRZ
@john_smith presume they've finally fixed your grid voltage?

Yes mate. I've phoned them pretty much every day complaining. They had vans out last night and I could hear a mini digger working away. I've not seen voltage above 253 since, so looks like it's been resolved. Nearly lost a full week. :(

Edit:

So far so good. With the sun we have had, if today was yesterday, we'd have gone over 260v.

Edit2: Down to 12th in the averages league table, but we've a new entry (@DRZ ?) that's only 20 days in. Winter should take the wind out of your sails :-)

Last edited:
Day turned ugly REALLY quick, predicted 20.21, generated so far 16.1 but im at generating 200w atm so doubt will be much more than that.

x2ZQst0D1SFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom