Solar panel production figures

Seems like it's the south easts turn for the poor weather @gpuerrilla will be pleased.

How did it pan out? The video the met posted this morning didn't really look like the cloud affected you much, but from experience they get this region wrong a lot so discount it.

The sun started to break through here at 8am, might be ok for a while. Yesterday my weather station captured over 10mm of rain during the gloom..

yeh, but then you got sun for the next 14 days lol

Exactly, it is for sure (along with the IoW) one of the best regions for solar performance which is why it can be so frustrating :cry:

Last edited:
How did it pan out? The video the met posted this morning didn't really look like the cloud affected you much, but from experience they get this region wrong a lot so discount it.

The sun started to break through here at 8am, might be ok for a while. Yesterday my weather station captured over 10mm of rain during the gloom..

Exactly, it is for sure (along with the IoW) one of the best regions for solar performance which is why it can be so frustrating :cry:
you could move there if you want.....

Testament to how bad it was yesterday: Tt is cloudy here again today and yet I'd surpassed yesterday's total by 11:45... I managed a grand total of 0 export yesterday as well and while today isn't exactly rocking I've already exported 4kWh this morning.

image.png

Unfortunately it's the same problem that The Gaff has, SolarEdge reports battery discharge as generation, so if you charge the batteries from the grid when you discharge it's counted as generation. If you don't charge from the grid, then it is all generation, but what you generate one day might not be used until the next.

It's not just SE, some other systems also do it.

Why they can't do it properly I've no idea. Luckily I don't have a battery on my Solargedge system, so it reports correctly.

You may be able to get around it if you can pull the appropriate data with Home Assistant, and use that to upload.
I thought as much from reading the PV Output forum.

Was planning on having a play with home assistant anyway so this my be the way forward.

How did it pan out? The video the met posted this morning didn't really look like the cloud affected you much, but from experience they get this region wrong a lot so discount it
Seems to be some cloud just hanging around across the south east, currently in about 15 place, did have one big spike but generally plodding along with less than 2kW of solar.

You can see https://www.sat24.com/en-gb/country/gb

Nice day we made 32.90Kwh filled the battery's got hot water and exported 13.70Kwh from the house
The workshop made 12.10Kwh filled the battery and exported 5.30Kwh between the house and workshop we used near 20Kwh today

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well