Solar panel production figures

22.80Kwh made today on the house the late afternoon turned dark had the lights on by 18.00 we have hot water and export 8.10Kwh today we got the battery up to 100% easy but it was a low power use day hear with only 14Kwh used on the house and workshop.
The workshop made 10.30Kwh and got the battery's to full and exported 4Kwh from out there as well

House System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Workshop system is South/East
2440w of panels two 720w strings
one 1000w string
Hybrid inverter with 4x 12v 100Amp
Battery's
Plus grid tie inverter as well

Thank goodness for the free hour from Octopus yesterday.

Not sure what happened yesterday with my system, the inverter went offline in the morning while i was trying to set it to charge between 1pm-2pm.
I went home at lunchtime to see if i could restart it, but there was a message on the screen requesting an unlock code.
Never seen this screen before and apparently it's an anti theft thing for inverters in South Africa.
Turned the system off and on again, but the unlock screen remained.

Thanks to Jonathan @ Spectra Solar for helping me and getting me an unlock code.
I input the code after work around 5pm and the system unlocked and came back online.
I'm missing the graphs, and the inverter says we only generated 6.2Kw all day :eek:

Then at around 8:10pm last night it decided to lock again and I didn't notice until around midnight. Luckily, entering the same code brought the system back online again.
Fingers crossed it keeps working today, but I've submitted a helpdesk ticket with Sunsynk to request a firmware update.

[edit] Sunsynk say I'm on the latest firmware and "the IT department have advised that this is a known issue and the problem will be sorted soon."

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's the same problem that The Gaff has, SolarEdge reports battery discharge as generation, so if you charge the batteries from the grid when you discharge it's counted as generation. If you don't charge from the grid, then it is all generation, but what you generate one day might not be used until the next.

It's not just SE, some other systems also do it.

Why they can't do it properly I've no idea. Luckily I don't have a battery on my Solargedge system, so it reports correctly.

You may be able to get around it if you can pull the appropriate data with Home Assistant, and use that to upload.

Back
Top Bottom