Solar panel production figures

I could replace my roof system, there use to be the golden rule that apart from like for like replacements you couldn't alter a FITS system without losing the FITS payments, but that has changed, its now pro-rata. If I doubled the array size to 8kw then the FITS would be calculated at 50% of production, which is a great idea allowing people to upgrade existing systems. I'm extremely unlikely to go down this route though, although there is space for another MPPT on my wall ;)

Keep an eye on Katies figures and react accordingly I think :)

Today is, so far, not great, not terrible. But not as good as hoped as well.

Last edited:
Yesterday was great with 30.4kwh, today seems ok, not as good, about 11kwh so far.

I got my first FIT payment finally. Only £100 but better than nothing I suppose (was about 2500kwh sent back to the grid since April). Should be better next time as they doubled the payment value

You must be a neighbour of Katie... are you hear to steal our photons as well? :mad: :p

No idea at the moment, I'll work it out tonight, just hoping my production beats @katie279 :D

Nice, I love it. But if I remember correctly aren't you export limited, so production in the summer will be limited by usage, battery capacity and export limits, although all those extra panels will really help in the winter months.

I could replace my roof system, there use to be the golden rule that apart from like for like replacements you couldn't alter a FITS system without losing the FITS payments, but that has changed, its now pro-rata. If I doubled the array size to 8kw then the FITS would be calculated at 50% of production, which is a great idea allowing people to upgrade existing systems. I'm extremely unlikely to go down this route though, although there is space for another MPPT on my wall ;)
Yeah, you forget we have 100kwh of car batteries, 20kwh of house batteries, 300l hot water cylinder to heat and a host of other ideas (eg hot tub!).

It really is a last resort that I'd ever want to export!

Yeah, you forget we have 100kwh of car batteries, 20kwh of house batteries, 300l hot water cylinder to heat and a host of other ideas (eg hot tub!).

It really is a last resort that I'd ever want to export!
I must agree I did forget about the cars, but if you add all those extra panels you will have more than enough in the summer months, but they will be a great help in the winter months.

I really can't see the problem with exporting excess, especially if you can get a better export rate such as on Flux.

SolarEdge system produced 13.07kWh
East Garage Array produced 5.65kWh
West garage array produced 4.42kWh

Total 23.14kWh
Battery hit 100% at 14:46

But what is the efficiency...

23.14/8.74 = 2.647

Straight in at the top of the leader board for energy and efficiency :D Shame the additional data is not uploading yet.

But

SolarEdge efficiency 3.2675
Victron efficiency 2.12

So the panels on the house roof, having a better pitch, less shading, and half of them facing south, have a much better efficiency
:D

Last edited:
SolarEdge system produced 13.07kWh
East Garage Array produced 5.65kWh
West garage array produced 4.42kWh

Total 23.14kWh
Battery hit 100% at 14:46

23.14/8.74 = 2.647

Straight in at the top of the leader board for energy and efficiency :D Shame the additional data is not uploading yet.

But

SolarEdge efficiency 3.2675
Victron efficiency 2.12

So the panels on the house roof, having a better pitch, less shading, and half of them facing south, have a much better efficiency
:D
So your mahooooosive system, is only a little bit more efficient than my little one lol

Posting so early. I'm still generating (11w :D)
Mine started at 6:45 and stopped generating at 17:35.
So your mahooooosive system, is only a little bit more efficient than my little one lol

But it produces so much more power and that is what @katie279 says is most important :D

The garage system was never going to be the best at producing power, panels are east & west orientation, pitch of 10 degrees, shading issues, but it all helps.

Just under 10 for me, will be hitting 220 or so for the month. Then good generation should start rolling on in from about 7th march when my bottom string works its way out of the shade!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom