Solar panel production figures

TBH the period of high pressure we had in December, January and February is unusual for the amount of days we had it for in a row! I suspect people will be getting less than favourable winters in future years and those who have had solar for an umber of years will confirm this has been one of their better winters to date.

bah, sun peeked out right at the end of the day where the neighbours roof steals it all - useless!

For those of you with SEG with octopus, how does that show up in your account? I just got a new “flexible” tariff show up above the “Go” tariff and its showing the right amount for what I exported yesterday but doesn’t say export anywhere and the estimated cost shows it as usage at the normal flexible rate. Just curious if that’s normal!

bah, sun peeked out right at the end of the day where the neighbours roof steals it all - useless!

For those of you with SEG with octopus, how does that show up in your account? I just got a new “flexible” tariff show up above the “Go” tariff and its showing the right amount for what I exported yesterday but doesn’t say export anywhere and the estimated cost shows it as usage at the normal flexible rate. Just curious if that’s normal!

1677258762599.png

It shows up like that on your bill (basically a credit on your account).

Last edited:
Bit of a cloudy day, but plenty of sun, 11kWh already today, battery at 64% :D

Watch out @katie279 those new panels are working nicely - you need to get your shed array fitted :p

Midday-Generation.jpg

Bit of a cloudy day, but plenty of sun, 11kWh already today, battery at 64% :D

Watch out @katie279 those new panels are working nicely - you need to get your shed array fitted :p

Midday-Generation.jpg
Well I'm seriously interested to see how yours works - I've got at least 8 panels scheduled for the veranda, then another array I'm pondering on an outhouse and then finally there's a ground floor extension we're planning which would have it's roof facing directly due south... you know why... ;)

But what is the efficiency...

No idea at the moment, I'll work it out tonight, just hoping my production beats @katie279 :D
Well I'm seriously interested to see how yours works - I've got at least 8 panels scheduled for the veranda, then another array I'm pondering on an outhouse and then finally there's a ground floor extension we're planning which would have it's roof facing directly due south... you know why... ;)

Nice, I love it. But if I remember correctly aren't you export limited, so production in the summer will be limited by usage, battery capacity and export limits, although all those extra panels will really help in the winter months.

I could replace my roof system, there use to be the golden rule that apart from like for like replacements you couldn't alter a FITS system without losing the FITS payments, but that has changed, its now pro-rata. If I doubled the array size to 8kw then the FITS would be calculated at 50% of production, which is a great idea allowing people to upgrade existing systems. I'm extremely unlikely to go down this route though, although there is space for another MPPT on my wall ;)

Last edited:
Yesterday was great with 30.4kwh, today seems ok, not as good, about 11kwh so far.

I got my first FIT payment finally. Only £100 but better than nothing I suppose (was about 2500kwh sent back to the grid since April). Should be better next time as they doubled the payment value

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom