Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Are you suggesting if I request the change, they might honour my current rate or do I have to accept it'll be much more expensive?

You need to request to keep the equivalent dated tariff, as I said it is discretionary but I've managed to convince them to do this, and I know at least one other person who has. The obvious thing being your tariff end date remains unchanged, but I'd explain the two EV thing to them.

Only thing that puts me off is all this faq stuff about how it tries to intelligently charge my car - can I still just schedule to charge through the night my batteries and car or am I tied to it 'smart' charging when it chooses?

You still get the 6 hours from 11:30 to 05:30 regardless of the smart times, and they also give you other cheap 30 minute segments as long as you keep your car plugged in, the bonus being any electricity you use is for the house charged at that rate at well.

Ah that's really helpful - so it seems I need to use their 'smart charging' at least once a month, but then beyond that I can just use the six hours off peak how I fancy and then also get occasionally off peak extensions too.

Sounds great - have emailed them!

Oh don't tell them you have more than one car, or they'll knock you back. ;)

Think this is an amazing quote for the times we find ourselves in, same guy as before but a bit of back and forth…

cS8vtu4.jpg

He’s also mentioned he managed to get some reservations in on Q.Cells new home core kit here https://www.q-cells.eu/products/energy-storage/qhome-core.html if I’m interested. Will find out a price next week when I catch up with him - looks like a pretty neat bit of kit to me.

Last edited:
Stupid givenergy battery jumping from 14% to 59 to 100,% in a 10 minute period! Will keep an eye on it overnight. Is there anyway to tell from the data how the % is worked out? Showing 55v or so from the batteries currently. (2x8.2kwh).

Stupid givenergy battery jumping from 14% to 59 to 100,% in a 10 minute period! Will keep an eye on it overnight. Is there anyway to tell from the data how the % is worked out? Showing 55v or so from the batteries currently. (2x8.2kwh).

You'll need to get on to support, but don't expect them to resolve it first call.

Have you rebooted the system recently?

Edit: What firmware are you on My Inverter > Inverter Information > Software?

Last edited:
D0. 450-a0. 451 inverter

3007 battery

Think I rebooted a week or so ago. Will drop them an email to get them to have a look at it proper as it's not the first time.

Think this is an amazing quote for the times we find ourselves in, same guy as before but a bit of back and forth…

cS8vtu4.jpg

He’s also mentioned he managed to get some reservations in on Q.Cells new home core kit here https://www.q-cells.eu/products/energy-storage/qhome-core.html if I’m interested. Will find out a price next week when I catch up with him - looks like a pretty neat bit of kit to me.

It's a lot of money but also a lot of kit for the money.

Makes my £20k quote for a 20 panel, 6kw inverter, 9.6kwh battery system seem comical.

Hey Solid, this is a well known bug in firmware:

Patch coming in next couple of weeks apparently!

For nerds in the room, here's the technical explanation:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom