Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

its right on the limit of what they can do apparently - was worried we'd end up with two less than quoted!

I support maximising them for sure, my installers wouldn't go as close to the edges as yours did, but then they're also an extra story up so I kind of see it, your access should be a bit easier if needed.

Had to leave about 40CM to the roof edge.

Last edited:
no off peak rate?
We do however the charge rate is 5kWh on the batteries so that 1/2 has amassed 16kWh so far! Do have 97kWh at cheap rate so does even out.

Based on clocks changing?
Don’t think so, have a AlphaESS system and they did a update which seems to have played with settings which I hadn’t noticed, looks like they’ve got issues with starting and 1/4 hour intervals but it’s ok if you start on the hour. They have another update in a few days so they may have noticed this and it’s being fixed.

You aren't missing much, besides starting in December and the darkest days with the least sun hours will give you a good starting point for upside! :)

True but even a small generation and cheap eco7 battery charging takes some of the ££ off the final bill.

sorry to hear you're still not with us @Mercenary Keyboard Warrior - it'll be worth the wait, certainly after the cap rise again in April.

Almost £3 a day lost on not using batteries. 11kwh at (34-7.5 pence) = 11x 26.5 = £2.91

That is the only negative, but you could also be making/offsetting £'s on the money in the bank at 2.72%, so if your system is £12k, and you have that in the bank it's made you ~£27 in interest, at least offsetting some of that expense or lost saving.

Did you settle on the 2x 5.8kWh Solax packs btw?

All the crap weather means I've used 20+Kwh more in the last month all down to charging the batteries.

On the bright side, from tomorrow only 5 weeks to mid-winter, it's going to be bleak solar wise for the next 10-12 weeks

That is the only negative, but you could also be making/offsetting £'s on the money in the bank at 2.72%, so if your system is £12k, and you have that in the bank it's made you ~£27 in interest, at least offsetting some of that expense or lost saving.

Did you settle on the 2x 5.8kWh Solax packs btw?

True mine is earning £1 a day roughly in savings. Revised loss only £2 a day ;)

No I am getting the exact same system as Siliconslave pictured above. Newest inverter, the mate thingy (box below inverter), and 4x 3.1kw (they list 12.3kw as full pack, before 90% DOD)

Back
Top Bottom