Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

We had our system installed in October, but the smart meter just got installed this past week. (So now we can finally use the system)

40.7kwh was the best day so far.

Last edited:
It charged to 74%. (From 1%!). It’s guessed wrongly that there’s some sun today.

We’re hosting a family party today so have been cooking all morning. 2 x ovens plus a Bora hob just murders electricity.

I will buy another powerwall one day. That will give me 27kWh, but as you can't actually buy them now it's a pipe dream. Plus the ROI would be crazy as my annual spend at the moment is so low. I'd also need a bigger PV install as at the moment I export basically nothing. The PW is so good (today excluded!) at guessing solar generation and home usage. Over the summer it never charges and any excess goes to my hot water / car.

Last edited:
40kWh in 1 day!! Ah you're in Florida so probably have:

Lots of space
Lots of sunshine
Lots of jealous people here in the UK

It's 29 panels / microinverters with 12 facing almost perfectly south.
The 40kw day was an almost perfectly clear day. We had a front come through one day last week and it was a full day of gloomy clouds and light rain. That day was only 14.3kw.

I'm curios how the summer will work out. We have lots of sun, but it also seems to rain (hard) for an hour or two every day in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom