Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

At least the panels will keep nice and clean.

That's a shame, even with the best algorithm in the world I doubt it can predict that you're going to have a party and do lots of cooking.

I know. On balance over a year it’s probably saved me money, but I’d love an option that enables 100% charge to be manually enabled.

Is anyone just running a battery setup without panels? Not sure if I'm missing something simple but it seems, for our usage, the best way to save a big chunk of money all year round with a ROI of 5 years.

Is anyone just running a battery setup without panels? Not sure if I'm missing something simple but it seems, for our usage, the best way to save a big chunk of money all year round with a ROI of 5 years.

As Ronski says the issue is its a massive risk since its 100% dependent on being able to secure a cheap off peak tariff
Could you do solar? If you could then it somewhat reduces the risk since if the cheap off peak deals disappear then you could go solar to work alongside the batteries

Yeah it would be completely dependant on the cheaper rates staying. They have been around for years though haven't they? (Economy 7 etc)

Our roof is quite big but the shape and direction isn't the best for fitting panels.

Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-10-24-54.jpg

(We already have solar hot water panels which were fitted prior to us buying the house a few years ago)

We're on Intelligent Octopus at the moment so it's 7.5p/kWh for 6 hours a day so if we were able to use all of our energy from the batteries every day it would save about £2600/year.

It just looked pointless to add in solar panels when the cost of electric from the grid is 7.5p/kWh…but at 39.25p/kWh it's obviously a great saving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom