Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

but perpendicularly is vertical, so that would be horizontally technically.... It's not worse than a car port that could be put in without planning.

Perpendicular is at a right angle, so compared to a wall perpendicular would mean not stick out past 20cm

(In elementary geometry, two geometric objects are perpendicular if their intersection forms right angles at the point of intersection called a foot.)

Put a 12inch fan in my cupboard on the inverter after seeing it get up to 67c and it's dropped the temp by 10c straight away, will look to get something smaller to mount in the cupboard I think to help with a bit of circulation.

Have now cleared a space at the bottom of the garden big enough for a 4 panel ground mount array. Saves me having to take off and turn the shed roof, which i only rebuilt and felted last year…..

will use 4x4 posts and 4x2 timbers concreted into the ground. Will be super strong and will be in portrait and not landscape.

Last edited:
Went and measured my side passage and i think realistically 5 panels would be the limit. 6 Would fit but would be a little close to either end for my liking.
I am not sure the added inverter, framing etc will make it worth it.

I need to look at what you need with Solax for adding an additional inverter for starters.
I would be looking if I did it to get the highest capacity panels I could which I think is around 440w for "normal" sized panels.
A 2.2kw South facing array is quite appealing.

@HungryHippos 9x425, I think there must have been a Ninja edit

@alphaomega16 Probably availability, when I did mine I had to go for 395w as I couldn't get the higher wattage ones, unless I paid silly money, and at the end of the day 90w extra isn't going to make much difference.
indeed, I thought I was quick enough on the edit but they must have refreshed before I could change the digit out.

Also since my roof is going to be filled it would have been nice to squeeze every bit I could out of them

Will have to see how long it takes for G99 application since the battery discharge is nearly double that of the 3.6 limit after food, back in a while :)

Last edited:
Left to right 6.096m, up and down ~4m, installer says 400mm around edge.

What is the actual roof layout? is this on just one face of the roof?

This is how mine is laid out btw, L-Shape roof, but this should make it pretty clear how my panels are laid out:

LfGGBZf.png

I can't really use the N face as it's pointless, I could have put some panels on E face (and who knows maybe one day I will) but decided to keep them at the back of the house for aesthetic reasons for now.

Have now cleared a space at the bottom of the garden big enough for a 4 panel ground mount array. Saves me having to take off and turn the shed roof, which i only rebuilt and felted last year…..

will use 4x4 posts and 4x2 timbers concreted into the ground. Will be super strong and will be in portrait and not landscape.
I looked at this but planning was needed over 3m wide and they have to be 5m from a boundary which is just stupid. A doctor in my village has a nice ground array, his planning took a while though. makes 100kwh a day

Back
Top Bottom