Sold a bike on ebay but having problems :(

Soldato
OP
I was up till 2am this morning trying to figure this whole "Collection Code" out as i was sure it was the solution and it was!

What I did and it wasn't easy or obvious was unmarked the bike as posted on both the app and website then refreshed both. On the website I literally stumbled on an option to click picked up. I then went on the App and refeshed again, went to sold and clicked the blue button at the bottom which now gave me the option to scroll down to "Scan QR Code" which I did and bingo sale was complete and ebay will payout within 2 working days.

Thank god!!!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Give it a go, although the item is dispatched so maybe better to wait for ebay to release the money. Not sure how this would work as a scam if payment made and you have evidence of him taking the bike?
You misunderstand eBay, its proof of delivery they require

I'm sorry to say OP ye've probably lost out here

eBay rarely sides wiht the seller :(

Can't type for toffee
Don
I was up till 2am this morning trying to figure this whole "Collection Code" out as i was sure it was the solution and it was!

What I did and it wasn't easy or obvious was unmarked the bike as posted on both the app and website then refreshed both. On the website I literally stumbled on an option to click picked up. I then went on the App and refeshed again, went to sold and clicked the blue button at the bottom which now gave me the option to scroll down to "Scan QR Code" which I did and bingo sale was complete and ebay will payout within 2 working days.

Thank god!!!
Oh I missed this bit... hope it works tho OP lol

Soldato

Thank god!!!
Hopefully that's the end of it, and a lesson learned.

Soldato

Thank god!!!
OK so you had kept an image of his QR code, or noted the number down, which proves he offered code and, you had probably met.

Soldato

Thank god!!!
Hey good news!

Associate
I bought a reasonably expensive item recently on ebay £450 - collection only. Paid by Paypal as didn't want to miss out as it was a good price and think ebay were blocking the sellers message as he attempted to negotiate a cash sale off ebay via ebay messaging so I did a buy it now as it was a good price and didn't want to miss out for the sake of £20 or £30 discount for cash.

Upon collecting the item it took us a fair while to actually find the right place on the ebay app for him to scan my qr code.

Associate

Thank god!!!
Glad it worked out for you. I don't think I would have risked that. Mark the item unposted, matches perfectly when he then claims he hasn't got item. I was thinking faked QR code that just has listing URL to get the scam going.

Last edited:
Underboss
Hang on, you let someone take your bike, and he gave you a QR code in lieu of cash...is that right?

that's how i read the first paragraph, WTF

i sold my 3K bike on ebay, he paid via paypal i think it was (or cash i cant remember)
so made sure i had funds before I let it go

scan a QR code rings alarm bells straight away

Last edited:
Underboss

Thank god!!!

PHEW !

Soldato
Oddly, I'm selling one of the bikes for around £1k, but might give ebay a swerve this time.
Last one I sold for £1700 years ago, got paid in 50 quid notes on pick up.

Back
Top Bottom