Sold a bike on ebay but having problems :(

Caporegime
Nah eBay royally shafted me as a seller, dont use it now as they're a law unto themselves
High risk as a seller.

I think if someone really wants to screw you it's near impossible not to be screwed

Almoat no come back for "item arrived damaged", buyer returns different broken item/package with a brick in it.

Soldato
Ebay have been using the QR code thing for a while, and it's terrible, really unintuitive, hard to find in the app, and easy to accidentally click the wrong thing while looking for it to render it unusable. When it works it's fine, but I don't understand why they don't make it a bit more prominent in the listing

Man of Honour
This will be fine... I sell a lot on the bay, hundreds of items most months and yea it might take you the 10 days to get your cash but you will get it.

Permabanned
I sold a Bike last weekend on eBay for £1200 and the buyer paid straight away but took him till today to collect.

On collection the buyer gave me a QR code but we couldn’t get it to scan and while trying to figure it out “posted” was clicked (by him) now it seems I can’t even enter the 6 digit code because ebay thinks I’ve posted the bike and is holding my money for 10 days.

He convinced me he is genuine and I will get my money, he does have good feedback and sells bikes on eBay. I took a photo of him with the bike in my house with his consent and security cameras would have captured him as well, also all communication was through eBay where he openly says he’s collected it. So with that I let him take it.

what worries me is the buyer will not just mark as received at his end, is first language isn’t English and I’m struggling to get him to understand I need him to confirm he’s received it, instead he just keeps telling me “just wait you will get paid don’t worry I know ebay very well, U new on ebay that‘s why” I’ve been using eBay for over 20 years and have more feedback than him!

Also I can get the QR code to scan now but it just takes me to my listing and still unable to enter the code.

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated

solution, the person that comes to collect the goods, get them to message you on eBay to say, "I have come and picked up the TV from postcode, and everything works". Once you received the message, give them the goods, you need to treat everyone like a con artist. No message No goods.

This stops them later from information eBay they did not collect it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Crazy that people are actually selling a £1.2k bike in eBay, just asking to be scammed. For bikes Gumtree all the way. Cash on collection only.

Soldato
I’m expecting to be shafted on EBay soon. I sold a BMW Android 10.25” screen/HU and it was working perfectly before I removed it from my car. It sold for a reasonable amount and I sent it off, the guy said he received it and left me positive feedback.

However the following week I received a pic of the screen with a garbled image with just the word “seriously?” in the message. I replied saying it definitely worked fine in my car and that’s where the pictures I took came from, I suggested a few things for him to try and also said that it may just not be compatible with his specific factory HU.

I never received a response and that was last weekend. Not sure whether to chase him up to see how he’s getting on or whether to just leave it. I’ve got the money put aside just in case - it wasn’t a mega amount at £205 but enough to not want to hang around on if you’ve genuinely received something that doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m expecting to be shafted on EBay soon. I sold a BMW Android 10.25” screen/HU and it was working perfectly before I removed it from my car. It sold for a reasonable amount and I sent it off, the guy said he received it and left me positive feedback.

However the following week I received a pic of the screen with a garbled image with just the word “seriously?” in the message. I replied saying it definitely worked fine in my car and that’s where the pictures I took came from, I suggested a few things for him to try and also said that it may just not be compatible with his specific factory HU.

I never received a response and that was last weekend. Not sure whether to chase him up to see how he’s getting on or whether to just leave it. I’ve got the money put aside just in case - it wasn’t a mega amount at £205 but enough to not want to hang around on if you’ve genuinely received something that doesn’t work.

Don't mention anything.

Back
Top Bottom