• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** SOME GREAT DEALS ON AMD GRAPHICS!! **

Just noticed theres a new 290x listing from MSI, the only difference I can tell is the 20 mhz in clock speed, but its 20-25 cheaper than the gaming edition. Is the gaming edition getting phased out or is there something im missing??

Just noticed theres a new 290x listing from MSI, the only difference I can tell is the 20 mhz in clock speed, but its 20-25 cheaper than the gaming edition. Is the gaming edition getting phased out or is there something im missing??

LE edition, so just like the LE Lightnings, cards they sell off cheaper, supposedly because they won't clock as well but that is not always the case as the LE's clocked like beast. :)

i like the sapphires bestest!
but then ive never owned a lightning so some1 is bound to tell me im wrong! :)

the 295X2 looks great, but a bit of humble pie is needed from me after everything i've said about it :D:D

so that's 500 quid - 200 quid for my 970 SLI.....yea i'll only want 200 quid for them

Last edited:
Ask about it in CS, i bet they will honour the price if you buy now. :)

I doubt it very much Matt! I dodged a bullet not getting another 970 after sending one back elsewhere. Problem is I gave one of my 5850's away and am now left with one to run my games until I find a replacement.

Twice this has happened to me in the last week. The 290x went up £30 and the bloody phone I wanted went up £20.

I doubt it very much Matt! I dodged a bullet not getting another 970 after sending one back elsewhere. Problem is I gave one of my 5850's away and am now left with one to run my games until I find a replacement.

Twice this has happened to me in the last week. The 290x went up £30 and the bloody phone I wanted went up £20.

I'm sure they will give you a 290X for £260 if you explain Mike. What have you got to lose by trying? :)

Ask about it in CS, i bet they will honour the price if you buy now. :)

We will sell you and only you one at that price, post in CS and link to my reply here, they will sort you out. :)

Mike...

some nice deals here
looking at upgrading my pc in about 4 weeks time
i had been leaning towards the 970 but with the issue with those card at the moment might be better going with an amd card instead

No post in CS Sales section of forum with the card you want to buy and a link to my reply in this thread. :)

Thank you Gibbo, and to you too Matt! I like that gif, amusing!

Just to check here gents, I have a Corsair 650w HX650. That will be enough for this thing right? I've run two 5850's in xfire on it and it was ok, but not sure on the power draw vs a 290x.

Back
Top Bottom