• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** SOME GREAT DEALS ON AMD GRAPHICS!! **

Thanks, mines bang on 50A. Hmm not sure to be honest, it's either the 295X or the 980 with the vision of going SLI when they reduce.
I was thinking the same initially, but I can't help but think by the time you'd NEED another card, there will be new and improved offerings available of the 8GB variety from AMD/Nvidia. Seems the way things are going, the 4GB limit will be exceeded in far more games a year from now (if at 1440p and above), so that will always be the factor which limits the lifespan of today's cards... well, the 8GB 290X would last longer I imagine, but the PSU demands and heat issues in having x2 of these cards just doesn't work for me.

With the 295X, I presume it's 4GB per GPU on the card? So in effect, not all that different from two 290X's in terms of available memory?

Just my luck, was about to pull the chord on a 295x2 and the sale has ended and gold codes are gone too. :(

Any idea if there will be another sale, also is it not being restocked anymore?

Just my luck, was about to pull the chord on a 295x2 and the sale has ended and gold codes are gone too. :(

You can always ask in CS and see if they will still honour it as it's still £500 in their hands and not someone else's. If you're unsuccessful then I'd just keep checking in daily for daily deals but most importantly, Wednesday for "This Week Only".

I've been checking that XFX 295x2 today. Too bad the sale has ended or else i would maybe buy this one... Even so, can someone advise me on a PSU that meets the minimum requirements for this card? There is a PSU from Corsair CX850, i guess that would be enough but i'm not sure about the amps.

I've been checking that XFX 295x2 today. Too bad the sale has ended or else i would maybe buy this one... Even so, can someone advise me on a PSU that meets the minimum requirements for this card? There is a PSU from Corsair CX850, i guess that would be enough but i'm not sure about the amps.

Ask in CS, i expect they'll honour the deal. :)

It's going to be a sad day when all the 295x2 stock dries up.

Bought the 290 vapor x. Superb card. Its idling at 38c right now and hasn't gone past 62c in game. Not far off from the 970s I had.

Amps over 12v rail is more important than wattage. Need 56amps minimum.

That psu would meet min requirements, though I'd suggest at least gold certified psu. Look at the EVGA 850w G2, it's got amazing reviews.

Thanks for letting us know, it's a lovely card!

Any chance of a rig pic? :)

Yeah sure! here you go...nothing special just a define r5 case cooled with Noctua fans.

2n1s8cj.jpg

Love it!

Back
Top Bottom