Someone just tried to spend £1000 from my bank at OcUK.

Caporegime
While Im not one to spark forum-wide panic, but 2 people having fraudulent orders on their accounts?!?! It can only mean one thing - zombie apocalypse!

HOLYYYYY GOD!

Nope.

Item was ordered but not paid for. Was told I'm not the only one so would assume the "other one" being the OP.

Interesting... where's @5UB not swimming around in new graphics cards.

Caporegime
That would be quite logical. Buy a voucher and spend it anonymously(ish)
Except extremely trackable...

What they'll have been trying to do is resell the voucher in the third party market. No direct link from the voucher to the scammer, and they'll have taken the money and run leaving the dupe with a dodgy voucher and OCUK to pick up the pieces. Same principle that a lot of CDKeys on dodgy reseller sites such as G2A work on.

Soldato
No word from any member of OcUK staff to reassure customers that there hasn't been some sort of breach? Would be nice to know before I start buying parts for my new system.

Soldato
I have received an email from OCUK thanking me for ordering an 1080TI GTX for £799.99

I've checked my OCUK account and there is an order although it hasn't processed yet.

The delivery address has also been changed to an odd looking address in Daventry with DHL references.
well if you've got an address, why not pass it on to the cops to have a talk w/ whoever accepts the delivery?

Soldato
Checked my account and I cant see that I have saved any details anywhere. Or am I missing something?

Just because you did not save the details does not mean they are not on file somewhere else..if they are slack on security the details could be in emails, in text files, multiple locations and on several different computers

Soldato
OP
Well, i have FINALLY gotten through to the fraud department. ( only took 9 attempts ) They have told me that they believe the card was skimmed somewhere and used from a different IP and that's why they raised the alert.

Card cancelled and new one on the way.

Darn it. Going to be a painful week without access to my current account for my shopping ( daily ritual )

Back
Top Bottom