+5V----------------------38A---------------------3%
+12V---------------------22A---------------------3%
-5V------------------------0.5A--------------------5%
-12V----------------------1.0A--------------------5%
+5Vsb--------------------2.0A-------------------5%

+5v, +12v & +3.3v Max output: 460W
Total Max Output: 480W
price £80- £85

i bought one of these from ocuk last week, and it's worth me mentioning that the 12v rating for this psu has improved considerably since this thread was posted.

the 12v rail is now rated at 28A rather than 22A.

given that, i think the antec psu should be considered by people who were looking at the tagan 480 for their systems. the antec's thermal control for its own fans and the case fans works very well. now my 4x case fans and the psu fans are running at 1200rpm on average which is nice and quiet, before that they were running at full speed unnecessarily and creating a lot of noise in the process.

i'm very happy with my trueblue 480w, it creates no noise and has enabled a much higher overclock ceiling on my 6800gt (384mhz - 420mhz) plus it's stabilised my system which had been experiencing hdd probs which i now know were down to my previous psu.

:)

Associate
Hmm i forgot about PSU's :o

Do you think an Enermax 365w will be enough for this lot:

Athlon 64 3000+ (S939, Revision D, 0.09u Winchester core)
ASUS A8V Rev2.0 Deluxe board
1Gb Geil DDR400 CAS2.5
XFX Geforce 6800 128Mb DVI/Dual Out/TV Out
74Gb SATA WD Raptor
120Gb SATA Hitachi 7K250
Pioneer 16x Dual Layer DVR108 DVD-RW
Audigy Player

If not i've been looking at the Akasa as it has dual rails and seems to be pretty silent. Either that or another Enermax, maybe the Noisetaker .

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by At The Gates
Hmm i forgot about PSU's :o

Do you think an Enermax 365w will be enough for this lot:

Athlon 64 3000+ (S939, Revision D, 0.09u Winchester core)
ASUS A8V Rev2.0 Deluxe board
1Gb Geil DDR400 CAS2.5
XFX Geforce 6800 128Mb DVI/Dual Out/TV Out
74Gb SATA WD Raptor
120Gb SATA Hitachi 7K250
Pioneer 16x Dual Layer DVR108 DVD-RW
Audigy Player

If not i've been looking at the Akasa as it has dual rails and seems to be pretty silent. Either that or another Enermax, maybe the Noisetaker .

i personally wouldnt risk all that expensive hardware for the sake of £60~ mate..

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by manveruppd
Why? Enermax are supposed to be quite good aren't they? Though that seems like a pretty heavy system so you might be better off with a 400+W one.
That's what i meant, its a thristy system with just a 360w psu, why risk it?

Associate
Cable management? You don't need a fancy system, you just need time and paitence. I have a Tagan with a huge weight of extra cables. But with careful planning even they can be tidied away. I put most of my spares down the back of the case. Down the right hand side, completely out of sight. Tucked over the top.

And a hint with the Tagan. Initially the cables are a bit stiff. But I have notced after a few months of use, the cables have become a bit softer and more flexible.

Associate
Don't know if you'll think this is relevant in this thread backslang but I've just dealt with the Cust Service dept of Coolergiant here in the uk, and they were excellent, I'd ordered a Coolergiant 485w from one of OcUK's competitor's and an ATX Ver 1.3 arrived instead of the ver 2.0 I'd ordered.
Firstly Coolergiant sent me the necessary cables to convert to 24 pin and extra sata power connectors.
Then I found out to my horror that the coolergiant range are a good bit longer than a std PSU (26mm), 166mm compared to 140mm.
This resulted in me not being able to refit the top of my case without removing a cooling fan which was now fouling the new psu.
I emailed Coolergiant and they're gonna swap my Coolergiant for a Noisetaker which is only 140mm long.
I think that's excellent customer service, I don't know what the other PSU manufacturer's are like to deal with or even how many are contactable here in the uk, but Coolergiant get top marks in my book.

Cheers

Associate
Slightly going off topic, but what's the best thing for hiding away PSU cables?
I've got this plastic thing with a sticky pad on the bottom that allows some cables to be tied down a bit, but are there any things that can easily help you tuck these away as close to the case as possible?

Soldato
OP
most people just hidethem behind the mobo tray,
braiding kits make the cables seem neater and less obtrusive.
i personally dont bother tidying them, as every attempt i make fails..they look just the same when ive finished as they did when i started:p :(

Associate
Anyone used the Ultra X-Connect PSU. Looks great for tidy cabling!
ULT31562_LR_1.jpg

Comes in various colours.
Hope the image does break the rules, if it does delete.

Back
Top Bottom