Sonos play:1

I use line in streaming a lot, in my lounge i have a ZP90 with sky RCA going into it. Means I can continue to listen to football in the toilet :P

sty.gif

Also got HDMI2 out of my amp running to a 22" LED in kitchen so can continue watching footie/movie whilst cooking :-p Convenience...

I have to say Sonos is a real party piece. Guests love it, and my girlfriend adores it (and she hates technology)

Sonos is ok, but afaik can only play back cd quality. Maybe this is bringing a gun to a knifefight but those of you who want to stream hd tracks (upto 192 24bit) over your ethernet to your hifi might want to look at the bluesound.

I have the node in a 7 grand setup and it is pretty awesome

I suggest we start a list of serious buyers, or those interested can trust me. There's not a lot of margin in Sonos, but as Tesco say "Every little helps" :)

We could try it, but for example, i'm only wanting 1 within the next few weeks, then another at Christmas. I don't think we'll have enough for a group buy, possibly max 10? if that? Wouldn't be much of a saving.

There are a few places that have a discount code on at the moment and with quidco you would get a bit extra. Best I have found so far is 3% off with 4% quidco. I doubt I can link / mention the name of the retailer on here. They are on the high street and share their name with the first name of the British floppy haired posh sounding actor who got caught with a prosser.

It's probably not worth messing around with Chris, i'm going to get two from Richer Sounds.

Don't John Lewis give you a 2yr warranty as standard? For the sake of a £10 (if going via Flubit) I'd just go via John Lewis

There are a few places that have a discount code on at the moment and with quidco you would get a bit extra. Best I have found so far is 3% off with 4% quidco. I doubt I can link / mention the name of the retailer on here. They are on the high street and share their name with the first name of the British floppy haired posh sounding actor who got caught with a prosser.

I hate these games. Hughes direct?

Last edited:
The incorrect thread title is annoying me. Can the OP change it? :p

These Sonos products are unlikely to fail within 2 years tbh, although if they are going in a damp room like the kitchen or bathroom might be worth the additional JL warranty for the sake of a tenner?

As Lucid said there's very rarely any significant discount on Sonos - I got a great deal a while back on a starter pack due to a company on Quidco offering a flat 15% off everything on their website plus cashback but the sales guy told me they made no money because of it.

Interested, will likely pick one up regardless.

Still not sure whether Sonos or Airplay speakers (e.g. Pioneer A4) is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom