Sonos play:1

No group buy then? The seperate posting charges might outweigh the saving anyhow :-\

I'm going to order 2 I think. No need to listen... It's Songs (!), they're going to sound decent.

Managed to pick one up at lunch. Had to go to Currys/PC World as Richer Sounds were out of stock. First impression... well it's very loud! Pretty good when you have it turned but up the sound is a bit muddy when you turn it down. Online reviews will be more expert in judging sound quality but it certainly sounds better with the volume turned up a little.

I can definitely say that (this is my first Sonos product) setting up with the bridge was a breeze on the android app. They app remotely updated the software on the speaker to enable compatibility with the bridge and then it all synced up very quickly and let me start playing music.

They need to add compatibility with Google Play Music though, having to use a workaround called Macronos at the moment to stream. If you have Spotify though, it all works from within the app and is easy.

Got excited and ordered a Play 1.

What's the best way to arrange my mp3 folders so it looks perfect on the Android / PC program?

IE..

\\server\Music\Nirvana\(1993) In Utero\Nirvana - 01 - Heart Shaped Box.mp3
\\server\Music\Nirvana\(1993) In Utero\folder.jpg (hidden file)

That is my current setup.

Yeah it seems to show album covers. See example...

cuta.jpg

Althoguh having just checked the folders some of those don't have album pictures so not totally sure where the album art came from! :confused::eek:

Check hidden system files and hidden files in those folders. (the ones that have art)

Also, if you right click, Properties a file that has art injected into it, then it will show up in there (I think)

OK yeah a protected system file "folder.jpg" is being used for album art. Question solved then :p

Protected operating system file my **** though! It's hardly important!

As an owner of a Bridge + Play:3, although the device doesn't have AirPlay you can play music and podcasts directly from an iPhone/iPad. It is just a Source option within the Sonos App.

I find myself using that so much that I wonder if I should have bought a (cheaper) AirPlay only device!

Interested in the Play:1, at the moment I move my 3 between the kitchen and living room. Will look for people's feedback.

Nearly got one at the airport today on my way back from Edinburgh. They hadn't even setup a demo yet. Want to know how it is versus the play 3. I have Sonos in every room at the moment barring the hallway which is what it would be for

Picked up a play 1 today to add to my Sonos system, I use play 5's so this little speaker had quite a lot to live upto, packaging is spot on, build quality is typical Sonos, they haven't scrimped, sound quality is very good too, enough bass for a small speaker, sounds much bigger than it actually is.

Will be heading back to John Lewis to get another one this week.

Back
Top Bottom