Sony Xperia 1/5/10 III

Soldato
Nowhere at the moment, in typical Sony fashion the phones will just start selling with little warning at most retailers.

They still have a lot of work to do with launches, don't even have a solid release date apart from "early summer" and announced the phones in April.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's been simplified for the past couple of years now starting with the 1, 5 and 10, with 1 being the high end and 10 being the low end. Much better than the previous mess they had before with all the random letters.

There are more than that though, looking at their website, which presumably shows what they still offer. You also have the L-range, which is the budget range. The 10 II is a mid-range phone. Not sure where the XZs fit in.

Soldato
There are more than that though, looking at their website, which presumably shows what they still offer. You also have the L-range, which is the budget range. The 10 II is a mid-range phone. Not sure where the XZs fit in.

The XZ/XA/L, etc phones were released before the 1/5/10 series phones. No idea why they're still on Sony's site, having a look some of them have been out of support for years now.

Soldato
Seems very little reason to upgrade from 5 II to III, basically just variable telephoto lens and incremental stuff like newer SoC and little more battery.

With the 1 III you get the high refresh screen although I believe that's limited to the 1080p and not 4k? Reverse wireless charging too.

Also been a small rumour that Sony might be coming back to the phablet market and making a Z Ultra successor.

Caporegime
Seems very little reason to upgrade from 5 II to III, basically just variable telephoto lens and incremental stuff like newer SoC and little more battery.

With the 1 III you get the high refresh screen although I believe that's limited to the 1080p and not 4k? Reverse wireless charging too.

Also been a small rumour that Sony might be coming back to the phablet market and making a Z Ultra successor.

I hope so.
The Xperia Z Ultra was my favourite phone of all time.

Caporegime
We want the 5 and 1 please!

And maybe some XM3 or 4s - not picky :o.

With the 1 II last year it was XM3s but Sony store (both UK and Europe) sold out super quick (I can't find a figure on their numbers for the promo) and then changed it to a case, and O2 had a limited number of 1750 then changed it to WH910 headphones. Vodafone on the other hand only ever did WH-XB900N headphones and only had 470 units for the promo!

Soldato
I got an S21 Ultra but my first choice was the 1 iii. Shame it's been delayed until then; by the time they're established we'll be seeing S22 rumours and leaks.

Back
Top Bottom