Sony Xperia 1/5/10 III

Sgarrista
Commissario
I was really excited for this, I use my phone to take nice pictures when out and about of the cars etc without having a dedicated camera at hand.

Then saw this, and, wow sony, expected more:

Associate
I was really excited for this, I use my phone to take nice pictures when out and about of the cars etc without having a dedicated camera at hand.

Then saw this, and, wow sony, expected more:

If that is indeed the case I guess I won't be going for one myself. Sony really need to get their act together and rather than announce a phone and make you wait X amount of months, they should release it a few weeks after. They create a buzz and then all the hype is lost as other companies release newer hardware which are potentially better and way cheaper.

Caporegime
OP
However when I bought my Xperia 5ii I'm sure retail was £300 more than the £599 I paid and I got the deal of free wireless headphones that cost £160.
If I hadn't gone the cheap Chinese option, the new Xperias (my very first Android was an Xperia S :D) were definitely on my radar especially with the free headphones. But I just kept waiting and waiting, so just bit the bullet and bought an Poco F3.

You can definitely spot the slight lack of polish and refinement compared to the likes of Sony, Apple and Samsung but at £350 (£289 if I had caught the recent sale), this price point and features set is hard to beat.

Soldato
Not impressed for 3 reasons.

4K display in a phone is silly. 1440p is already more than enough.

Silly small battery.

And cameras still underachieving.

They were so close in making a solid phone.

Soldato
The hardware is there, it's most likely Sony's software processing that's holding the cameras back. GCam will probably solve that but I suspect you won't be able to take advantage of all the lenses with it.

And the price... Here's hoping the 5 III will be much more reasonable.

Associate
Anyone looking to pick up the Xperia 1 III? I think by the time it's released the next gen flagships will be just around the corner.
Sony have missed out on a sale from me due to them taking ages to release after the announcement.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Anyone looking to pick up the Xperia 1 III? I think by the time it's released the next gen flagships will be just around the corner.
Sony have missed out on a sale from me due to them taking ages to release after the announcement.

Sat here waiting for the 11 ultra to hit the UK...

Same situation though, at this rate by the time its available next flagships will be hitting the shelves.

Caporegime

Unless something is coming with a 3.5mm jack I'll be getting one.

Caporegime

Silly small battery.

Bad camera? I'm Out.
Nothing else matters in today's phones apart from basics like screen quality and battery life.

4k is not needed.

Associate

Silly small battery.

Is the camera bad? Are people leaving it in auto and complaining about the shots?
From what I have seen, when the camera is utilised in manual mode it puts out great shots with neutral colours.

Soldato
Recent video I've seen. Focal length for the standard lens too wide and the overall quality of the shots is nothing to write home about. Given the price I'd expect better. Each to their own. If you like the phone go right ahead.

Soldato
I bought a s21ultra after an Xperia 1ii, I expected it to be miles ahead on the camera front from what people say.....I can't say I was that impressed. Looking at some previous Sony photos, I'd say they were better.
The s21u is better at night for point and shoot in auto and probably better in auto for fast snapping.
The Sony needed to be messed around with, but if you like that, it's perfect.

Associate
With my 5ii I usually use the Photo Pro app instead of the Camera app; photos look much better. Not manual mode, just auto mode in Photo Pro results in better photos. I will say I do hope they merge the apps so you have one camera app, with perhaps only manual mode remaining in the photo pro.

Back
Top Bottom