Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
I have read that the screen brightness is lacking compared to other phones, especially in direct sunlight. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Soldato
I have read that the screen brightness is lacking compared to other phones, especially in direct sunlight. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I watched a YouTube review where it was said the 5ii is only just bright enough for adverse outdoors conditions.

Associate
Is anyone else using dual SIM?

Anyone how to show both carriers at the top left..or remove them both? As you see the signals on the right side, but don't know which signal is which...

Soldato
Anyone with this phone got any more observations to share? Does it feel premium and does the long screen make content appear cramped in landscape mode (e.g. games, youtube videos)?

Associate
It does feel very premium, I haven't watched a lot of videos (bought it for the missus) so can't comment on that. Battery life is superb. She listens to music four 8 hours via the bluetooth headset, AOD on, and roughly 3-4 hours on screen time and battery goes down by roughly 50%. In terms of standby seems to be using 5-7% overnight. That is with 5g and 120Hz enabled.

Associate
Well, I've ordered one. Total contract cost of £800 for an £800 phone seems ok and if I don't get on with it I'll just send it back.

Ordered a selection of shady looking cases and screen protectors as I'm not convinced they're actually for the 5 ii and not the 5!

Soldato
Well, I've ordered one. Total contract cost of £800 for an £800 phone seems ok and if I don't get on with it I'll just send it back.

Is that from CPW with the £100 cashback?

I don't know if they'll be around long enough to pay it out, given they're now down to offering contracts only from Vodafone.

Associate
Is that from CPW with the £100 cashback?

I don't know if they'll be around long enough to pay it out, given they're now down to offering contracts only from Vodafone.

No, it was just an upgrade from EE. If I don't like it I might even keep it, and if I could then sell it for £600, it would be an £800 contract for a Pixel 5. The price they wanted for the Pixel was mad, which was one of the things which swayed me toward the Sony.

Associate
OP
No, it was just an upgrade from EE. If I don't like it I might even keep it, and if I could then sell it for £600, it would be an £800 contract for a Pixel 5. The price they wanted for the Pixel was mad, which was one of the things which swayed me toward the Sony.

The pixel 5 cost more than the Xperia?

Associate
The pixel 5 cost more than the Xperia?

On a contract, yes, although it's probably partly due to EE offering less contract options on the Pixel. I simply don't need loads of data and 4Gb has been enough for the last two years, so I was happy to stick with it. I think the minimum on the Pixel was 10Gb with a higher monthly figure and £100 more upfront. Just not worth it to me.

Soldato
If it's the same problem as I had on Xperia 1, then go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > disable/uinstall and then go to Playstore and install it from there again. Basically it seems that the phone came with some kind of native Sony Netflix app and by disabling that and installing regular Playstore version there's no issues.

Back
Top Bottom