*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Associate
I initially loved the look of the Gold, still do! But just cant help feel I'd regret it after a few weeks lol.

So when If and when I do get the Z5, Graphites definitely for me.

Soldato
The Z5C is a superb alternative if you don't want a bigger sized phone.

I keep changing my mind - ordered the Gold Z5 but having seen the graphite black in various videos and how it changes colour I want to go for the graphite black version instead.

Decisions...decisions.....urgh! :confused:

Graphite looks :cool:

Soldato
The Z5C is a superb alternative if you don't want a bigger sized phone.

I keep changing my mind - ordered the Gold Z5 but having seen the graphite black in various videos and how it changes colour I want to go for the graphite black version instead.

Decisions...decisions.....urgh! :confused:

Help me, I want one :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New "Made for Bond" trailer ft the Z5:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ny-appears-in-Sonys-Made-for-Bond-advert.html

Graphite it is!

f/1.9 vs. f/2 makes absolutely zero difference. Plus the Z5 has a physically larger sensor (1/2.3" vs. 1/2.6")

Exactly. The sensor being larger means it should be more accurate in low light (the autofocus especially) and produce lower noise. The aperture itself means the S6 will have ever so slightly deeper depth of field on out of focus areas of the frame, though 1.9 to 2.0 isn't a huge deal of difference as mentioned above.

Soldato
Thinking of picking one of these up and moving away from three. While I have an unlimited everything for £15 a month, I get absolutely no signal in my house at all. What's a decent amount of data to go for these days, seeing how usually connected to wifi most of the time any way.

Soldato
Thinking of picking one of these up and moving away from three. While I have an unlimited everything for £15 a month, I get absolutely no signal in my house at all. What's a decent amount of data to go for these days, seeing how usually connected to wifi most of the time any way.

That really depends on you, check how much you're currently using.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think it matters much for the front canera. Can't remember the last time I saw someone use it in conditions where wider than 2.8 would have hugeky benefitted.

Selfie queens need not apply of course.

Soldato
Basically if camera lives up to the hype and battery is a comfortable day's use I'm all over the Premium version. Well that is if G4 Pro doesn't wow everyone by then :p

Soldato
Agreed Mate. Have cancelled the original Gold order and reordered the Graphite :)

Get one Dude. You won't regret it. Out of interest what phone are you using these days?

Still got the Z3 Stoosh! Almost caved for an iphone 6s, but then realised it was a .... underwhelming release after the 6.

Associate
Basically if camera lives up to the hype and battery is a comfortable day's use I'm all over the Premium version. Well that is if G4 Pro doesn't wow everyone by then :p

5.8" is abit to big i think but then again the bezels are quite small, wonder what the actual dimensions are compared to the z5 prem

Associate
G4 Pro doesn't exist...what you think will be the G4 Pro is the LG V10 which will be announced next month.

Every time I see graphite I just want.
dsc01262_resize.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Think I might hold off as QC3.0 has just been announced, and is supported by SD820:

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...eration-fast-charging-technology-quick-charge

And more 820 goodness: https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...down-breakthrough-lte-and-wi-fi-x12-lte-modem

Ultimately 820 is the SoC to wait for it seems. Maybe I will just wait for early 2016 then or Fall 2015 for whatever 820 flagship is out.

Not just charging and LTE speeds, look at this goodness:

The Snapdragon 820 will use four custom 64-bit Kryo cores, so no more standard Cortex solutions. The Kryo processor has been manufactured via Samsung's 14nm FinFET process, so it promises to go easy on the battery as well. And speaking of the Korean tech giant, rumors hint that it is already busy testing the Snapdragon 820 for integration inside the next Galaxy S7 flagship.

The quad-core Kryo CPU with 64-bit architecture found in the Snapdragon 820 has been integrated tightly with the Adreno 530 GPU and the Hexagon 680 DSP of the chipset. All 5-series Adrenos will support OpenGL 3.1 (with 3.2 coming later) and the new Vulcan API. Qualcomm claims a 40% jump in performance along with a 40% cut in power usage. The GPUs support HDMI 2.0 and up to 4K @ 60fps output, they'll even manage 4K output wirelessly (though capped at 30fps).

Other Impressive technological innovations inside the Snapdragon 820 include a new ISP. Dubbed Spectra camera Image Signal Processor it will handle small camera pixels better, hybrid autofocus (i.e. added phase detection AF), low-light performance and will lean on the GPU for software "optical zoom."

The wait maybe until after next year Mobile World Congress.

Back
Top Bottom