1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by sansnom, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kitch9

Soldato

That video quality fills me full of confidence for the stills quality.

2. Freefaller

Man of Honour

I'll be waiting to see what the N5 2015 is like, but this looks as a good contender for me. Probably the midrange one.

3. mark43

Mobster

Same here. Though the more I see of the N5 the more I think I'll be getting a Z5, or Z5C.

4. bowey

Hitman

Stabilisation is really nice

5. Andr3w

Capodecina

This will be my next phone, going to have to get it on contract with 3!

6. Doug73458

Gangster

Good looking phone, would prefer it a bit slimmer though

7. welshdragon

Soldato

Each to their own. I prefer fatter with better life and such. Found my old iphone 6 too thin.

8. kitch9

Soldato

I don't want to take my phone into a swimming pool but being able to answer it in the rain and not worry is something I miss from my z3.

The focus speed the camera should save a lot more blurry pics that ois and there steady shot looks to work ok.

9. mark43

Mobster

Yep, okay its kinda cool to know you could use your phone under water but I can't imagine I ever would, where as the amount of times I've been trying to use a phone while out in the rain are numerous!

10. M1k3H

Wise Guy

I've always used my phones in the rain and have never had a waterproof phone. Nothing happens with a bit of rainwater, unless you tunel it inside the phone in big amounts.

11. this_is_gav

Soldato

Looking at the first impression shots shown earlier in the week, I still worry about the low-light performance compared to the S6 or iPhone, which is surely more important in the majority of situations.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from poor, but it doesn't look to be a massive improvement on the Z3 in that regard so far.

The outdoor shots and video (including indoor) look immense though.

12. kitch9

Soldato

The S6 uses Sonys previous top end phone sensor, this is apparently their new and improved sensor which they are keeping to themselves for a bit.

We'll see, when are reviews due do we know yet?

13. Rimsy

Mobster

But the f-stop is lower on the Samsung which at face value should mean better low light performance than the z5

14. kona786

Capodecina

Plus OIS on the S6 which I believe the Z5 doesn't have?

15. Smeghead

Hitman

f/1.9 vs. f/2 makes absolutely zero difference. Plus the Z5 has a physically larger sensor (1/2.3" vs. 1/2.6")

16. welshdragon

Soldato

Doubting myself now whether to get the Z5 or take a step back in screen size from my s6 and get the compact..........

17. Kobi

Wise Guy

im in the same boat. The natural upgrade would be to go for the z5. But that compact just screams out to me. Unsure if they both have the same size battery or not. Battery life will be priority for me.

18. mark43

Mobster

The compact has a slightly smaller battery, but it should use less power so should last just as long. It was the same situation with the Z3 and the compact certainly didn't suffer as a result.

I'm also in this boat, coming from a Nexus 4 and not sure if I want something larger or not.

19. welshdragon

Soldato

Other than the size/build factor/ram the only discernible differences I can see is that the compact only has 1 wifi antenna where the 5/5p have two.

20. stoosh

Mobster

The Z5C is a superb alternative if you don't want a bigger sized phone.

I keep changing my mind - ordered the Gold Z5 but having seen the graphite black in various videos and how it changes colour I want to go for the graphite black version instead.

Decisions...decisions.....urgh! :confused: