soo. broke my back

Soldato
2vsqe02.png

?

:p

Soldato
On Dec 4th last year, a bin lorry pulled out on me. Nothing I could do. I slammed into the side of it riding my GPZ900

Shattered my knee
Broke my femur ( 14 places including 3 on the knuckle )
Broke my pelvis ( 4 breaks )
Broke my spine ( 4 vertebrae )
Broke my ribs ( all on left and 8 on right )
Broke my right arm ( simple fracture, both bones plus 2 fingers ( little and next to it ) )
Broke my left arm ( already have pins so more added, now have 6 pins, loss of use of hand ( not entirely ) very weak however, all my fingers also broken, and can no longer clench my fist or open fully )
Left elbow and left shoulder also broken. unable to lift arm above head with ease.

Internally, my lungs were pierced multiple times but luckily ribs filled the holes.
Liver torn into two pieces but that healed up after a few months and I had the drain eventually removed. Thats now fully recovered.
Spleen was stabbed but thats recovered.
Kidneys both ruptured, dialasys unfortunately.
Intestines cut up massively by bits of ribs and bone plus they got squeezed out of my rectum and I have lost several feet of bowel etc.

Fighting to get out of wheelchair ( Im winning )

Recently hit massive depression barrier however and not coping with it at times.

But Im alive against all odds

Doctors told family that I will not make it past a week. Intensive care for 3 months in staffordshire hospital but then got moved to Glan Clwyd closer to home.

Bought myself another bike recently much to the horror of many family and friends but hey... I might never be able to ride it, but Im buggered if Im going to let this get me down.

See, this is why I would never ride a bike, much as I'm sure I would enjoy it. There's just nothing between you and the other idiots on the road...

Good luck to both Diagro & FatRakoon in your respective recoveries!

Associate
Not been out on her this year, had to have an operation a couple of weeks back.

That's an old pic but it aint changed and yep a bit more stable at slow speeds :D

Associate
I feel for you all with these type of injuries. I've had to deal with depression in the past (real depression for the critics out there) but with an injury on top of that strikes fear into my heart. I really hope for the best with your recoveries.

Associate
depression, I think everyone has got it these days... Its just a perk of modern-western life.

Do you have it or had it? Or are you making a flippant comment?

Being slightly stressed about getting a dead pixel on your monitor or fed up you didn't get on xfactor isn't depression. You know what it is when you see it in its true form. Unfortunately the media are mostly to blame for comments like the above.

Soldato
Oh absolutely

I got an SZR660 that was dropped ( Not by me ) and I have turned that into a semi fighter kind of bike... Lost the fairing, renthal bars, cramped legs still, but great on back & Arms.

I seriously doubt that I will EVER ride that again, even if I make a good recovery... My son is asking about it now, he is only 14 but why not?

I also got a CBR thats also had the same done to it, again crashed and lost the plastics and I have only on sunday just gone, finally taxed it and my mate took it out for a spin, give it a trial run and the only thing it needs doing now, is the fork seals, but its also idling a little too low so prone to stalling but that does have a much better leg position, and I got the bars and risers ready to sort that out... I will do that at the same time as the forks... In about a week.

I am aiming to eventually get back onto a bike, but if I fail, then sure, I got options... Trike is definitely on the cards yes.

Got my eyes on a nice VT500 trike as an immediate option, but longer term, Im also looking at a BMW 1000

But who knows? I am still absolutely in the dark on just how much better I will end up being, so there is absolutely no rush what so ever.

That 'Busa! - Sex on 3 wheels... I saw a ZZR14 in Trike form. My mate has a Busa Combo and its utterly sexy... I got a couple of pics that I'll plonk onto imageshack so try these...

k87x.jpg

and
m78t.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Depression.

Nope. I tried to explain it 4 times now but each time it looks wrong but I know Im right.

All I can say is this :-

If you say you understand what someone with depression is going through...
Then you dont have a clue what they are REALLY going through.

Depression for me, does not mean that I am sulking all the time.

Although its a big part of it. its also me putting on a face that is often fake, Im often over compensating things or hiding my feelings with something. I just had some physio this morning and today, I had a great massage on my bum cheeks... Bliss. But afterwards we went for a coffee and I was perfectly fine, but the moment I got home, I cried like a little girl. WHY?

Depression is confusing at best.

Back
Top Bottom