Spanish Football 2011-2012

Soldato
Messi is obviously unbelievable but a big reason for them not winning the league this year is bar him nobody else has chipped in with the kind of goal count you'd expect from both the team collectively and the individuals they have. Imagine if he was out for half a dozen games, they'd be dropping points like mad.

Madrid basically gifted a 1-2 win at Granda, highly lulzy as the players are trying to beat the referee up at the final whistle.

Caporegime
Crazyness, Real game, two red's I think and someone threw a bottle at the ref, possibly/probably from the Granada bench. That win would have made them safe, but then mayhem, ridiculous penalty, then own goal, loses the game, they said something to the ref, he red carded two of them then a player throws a bottle at the ref.

Ouch, apparently they are threatened with a stadium closing if there is more trouble with the officials. Benitez(not that one) threw a bottle, clear as day on camera as well, he'll get banned for ages.

But they now have a vital relegation game and well, at least 3 players missing most likely.

EIDT:- Commentators were also saying rather oddly that Kanoute was supposed to have an season ending injury, was leaving the club end of season had already been on the pitch at some point (this game, previous game?) to wave goodbye to the fans etc, then despite supposedly being injured he got a goal in Sevilla game tonight, lol :p

Always liked Kanoute.

Last edited:
Soldato
Messi is obviously unbelievable but a big reason for them not winning the league this year is bar him nobody else has chipped in with the kind of goal count you'd expect from both the team collectively and the individuals they have. Imagine if he was out for half a dozen games, they'd be dropping points like mad.

Madrid basically gifted a 1-2 win at Granda, highly lulzy as the players are trying to beat the referee up at the final whistle.

Totaly agree. Its the one area they have failed. When they won in rome they had messi,eto and henery banging them in for fun. Then it was messi,pedro and villa getting them in. This season with poor form and injuries pedro and villa have gone awol and no one has stepped in.

Soldato
OP
Whats this talk about Alves going to Russia?

That would be devastating for Barca's defence (not like Alves is the greatest defender but he fills a spot.) They almost need to buy a whole new back 4.

Soldato
OP
It's not like they haven't got a bad replacement in Martinez is it, the preferred pairing would probably be Martinez and Puyol though.

Has a date been made for the cup final yet?

Didn't Martinez play cdm in the world cup?

I'd imagine it would be Albiol and Pique.

I don't see Spain doing too well at the Euro's. They'd have to rely on questionable strikers that never made an impact at the world cup...

Soldado will probably be their main striker who wasn't even in the squad for the world cup.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't Martinez play cdm in the world cup?

I'd imagine it would be Albiol and Pique.

I don't see Spain doing too well at the Euro's. They'd have to rely on questionable strikers that never made an impact at the world cup...

Soldado will probably be their main striker who wasn't even in the squad for the world cup.

Doubt Albiol would start, he's not starting for Real these days.

Up front they've still got options even without Villa, Soldado like you said but Llorente is probably going to be preferred (he'll need to get over the knock he's carrying at the moment though as he didn't look fit against Atletico the other night)

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^ I'd be very very surprised if that was their starting XI. I think the below is far more likely;

---------------Casillas---------------
Ramos---Pique---Martinez---Alba
---------------Busquets---------------
----------Xavi-----------Alonso----------
Pedro---------Llorente---------Iniesta

Not bad with the likes of Fabregas, Thiago, Mata & Silva in reserve. Would love to see Muniain picked as well but he'd probably get very little action over the others

Back
Top Bottom