Spanish Football 2011-2012

Soldato
Not surprising though is it. You only have to look at the smug ***** face everytime he scores to know he loves himself.

...and doesn't want to settle for being 2nd best, which is the sort of ego/attitude that probably got him where he is. The golden boot will be Messi's this year, probably (unless Barca slack off now the league is over), but I'd be disappointed if Ronaldo doesn't get the Ballon D'or for once.

Associate
...and doesn't want to settle for being 2nd best, which is the sort of ego/attitude that probably got him where he is. The golden boot will be Messi's this year, probably (unless Barca slack off now the league is over), but I'd be disappointed if Ronaldo doesn't get the Ballon D'or for once.

Ronaldo won the Ballon D'Or in 2008 when he was still with Manchester United. This was his best chance yet to win it again this season, and he probably would have if Real Madrid won the Champions League in the same season as overcoming Barca to be champions of Spain.

Still, being 3rd best after Messi and Carroll isn't too shabby.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well done Real and the Moaning one for finally winning the La Liga title...luckily for Real Barca lost a few more games than they did...but I still expect Barca to win it next season...Real's only trophy this season isn't it?? The La Liga title.

Soldato
Well done Real and the Moaning one for finally winning the La Liga title...luckily for Real Barca lost a few more games than they did...but I still expect Barca to win it next season...Real's only trophy this season isn't it?? The La Liga title.

A few? RM lost 2 matches. Barcelona lost 3 matches. That is not a few, that is only ONE more.

Soldato
Barca's only real challenge in Spain is RM. If he went to England or Italy it would be more competitive for him. Thats just my opinion.

Don't want him to leave as the best player in the world should play for the best team in the world... saying that, look at what happend to Ronaldinho.

Utter tripe.

Let me remind you that Real Madrid dismantled Athletic Bilbao 3-0 away last night, yes that is right, that team that made Man Utd look like a Championship side.

I don't think the other leagues are that much better, or worse for that matter.

Caporegime
Right so Messi has completed footie, what sport do you think he'll go to next?

He should try being a goalkeeper lol...remember seeing a pic of him in the daily mail and he was playing GK for a laugh I suppose...suffice to say his Barca teammates were simply blown away by his skill in between the sticks...not sure if they were being entirely serious though.

I reckon he should run against Usain Bolt this summer in the 100m finals just for the lulz:D

Soldato
Unbelievable.

I could watch Messi (and Barcelona, and Spanish football in general) play all day. Spanish football is brilliant.

I like watching highlights but live it is painfully boring, particularly when teams just roll over as they do too often.

Caporegime
It is a complete joke though, Messi has 4 penalties in the past two games doesn't he? of which both in the last game weren't even slightly penalties, soft as ****. Not been watching tonight, either even remotely penalties?

Lol, Ronaldo gets a penalty as well but its laughably obvious, the guy was literally in a "scrum" type position with both arms around him, pushing him for ages, and then taking him down. Utterly insane, that almost comes across as a "give me a goal with an unmistakable penalty", because its such a stupid thing to do.

Wow, does that penalty also push Granada way into relegation trouble? One of the most mentally retarded things I've seen on a pitch, how he can do that on the pitch anywhere let alone in the penalty box.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like how with all the talk of Messi and Pep falling out you just see him run over and give a massive hug to each other.
Messi said he didn't go to the press conference as it would have been had to sit through, made worse with all the cameras focusing on him.

One of them was soft the last one wasn't pretty fair shout for one.

Caporegime
Fair do's I guess, hmm, hard to tell exactly but looks like Messi is now on 10 penalties and Ronaldo 9 I think. It does look slightly absurd, I think 7 of Messi's penalties have happened in the past 8 games(including tonight). Wow, that is 7 penalties since the 31st March, 7 penalties in a little over a month is mental.

IT almost, almost feels like the whole league is out to get Messi a consolation prize :p

Back
Top Bottom