Spanish Football 2011-2012

Soldato
OP
Jesus has been great this season. Most minutes played for Seville.

Pedro has been sitting on the bench most the season. Xavi is getting on. Thats why I picked that team.

Will be interesting to see what team they pick as they're almost going through a transistional period right now. a lot like England.

I think Germany or Holland have the best chance of winning.

Caporegime
Ramos is as much of a joke tbh, like Pique, mistakes(and in his case, stupid violence) just don't cost you against most of the league, but the big games he sucks in).

Ramos/Pique will be such a ridiculously error prone back two, Arbeloa has been better than usual this season but still error prone, and Enrique has been nothing short of rubbish for the past 2-3 months and hasn't afaik ever played for the senior team.

Also, you've not included Xavi in that team, maybe Busquets? Seriously? Navas, afaik has only played 4 euro games for them in the past year and a half(ish), don't think he's either good enough or involved enough to be first team.

Hard to know really, they've got too many players to choose from, Silva/Mata have been getting games, then Navas, Pedro... Cesc and Iniesta can play wide if they want.

Alonso, Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta all for the middle roles(plus about a dozen others but no one will get a chance over that 5).

Caporegime
lol Getafe getting close to game abandonment with 8 players left on the pitch at the moment :p

EDIT:_ that is going by the commentators, at the moment soccer centre says Getafe 2 sent off and Zaragoza have one sent off, but it always lags by a few minutes.

Caporegime
Wow, Villareal get relegated at the death from a Falcao goal. How far they've fallen so quickly, blame Pires for leaving.

EDIT:- City apparently have a LOT to learn about winning titles and cup presenting ceremonies :p

I can't decide if the Real title ceremony is cringeworthy, awesomely over the top or, what. I also can't help but think it will probably put our Olympic opening ceremony to shame..... I remember thinking at the last Olympics the awful UK bus/guitar **** at the end, and how bad ours would be.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Somewhat more razzmatazz than the PL one earlier!

Works better in the dark of course which you can't have at 5pm!

Are you mad, Perez will have found a way to block out the sun for this had it happened at mid day ;)

Seriously though, not sure why the hype over Benzema, he's played more and scored less than Higuain in the league. Benzema has done well but is certainly played as "first team" and started 25 games, 20 goals, not at all bad, also got that in 96 shots(excluding tonight).

Higuain has 22 goals in 17 starts(10 more sub appearances than Benzema) but has scored that in just 59 shots, making him one of the most clinical finishers in Europe.

1/3 of all Higuain's shots have been a goal this year, Benzema took over double the shots(90 vs 183) and only scored 4 more goals(30 vs 34) with almost a 1/6 shots to goals ratio.

Both good but Higuain's record for how many games he started is frankly awesome.

Soldato
Benzema has missed a load of open goals this season, even if he's scored a ton. Cost them a few times. Higauin is less flashy and seems less involved in build-up play but yeah, clinical. They scored a record number of goals, record number of points... worth celebrating excessively.

Back
Top Bottom