Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2018, Barcelona - Race 5/21

Rate the 2018 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Kevin Magnussen has been summoned by the Formula 1 race stewards in Spain following an alleged block on Charles Leclerc at the end of opening practice for the Spanish Grand Prix on Friday morning.

In the closing minutes of FP1 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Leclerc was seen to be gaining on a slow-moving Magnussen quickly heading along the main straight on the run to Turn 1, only to be squeezed on the right-hand side of the track by the Haas driver.

The move prompted an angry response from Leclerc, who told Sauber that Magnussen "needs to understand that he's not alone on-track".

"Honestly... I mean… he’s on a slow lap and he stays on the line," Leclerc said. "Every time it’s him. Every time."

He's a joke.

Caporegime
Max is not in the same ball park as mag.
Thats a bit of an exaggerated statement imo.

Ridiculous by Mag. Especially in practice. Needs a punishment that knocks it into his head this is unacceptable

Soldato
It's in the FP1 highlights vid on YT linked above, around 1:05. He jinked right just before the braking zone of T1 with LeClerc rapidly approaching. It would have been a dodgy move in a race, let alone in FP.
I'll give that a watch when i get home!
https://streamable.com/wxdsx

Why he's doing that in FP1, god knows. The guy has lost the plot. I've always had a soft spot for K Mag after he was buying everyone rounds in Monaco but his recent track antics are a real disappointment, especially when the season started off so promisingly. It's like that taste of success early on went straight to his noggin and now he thinks he can rule the roost.

Soldato
Jesus what an idiot! Will he get any points for that or just a stern talking to?

I'll probably regret this in a few months when i need it myself but I have a 24hour Sky Sports NowTV pass which I don't need. If anyone who doesn't have Sky and wants to watch the race this weekend let me know!

Soldato
Its not thinking time, the FIA have said that they will be allowing mirrors to be mounted on the halo. Cue a load more money wasted on this tiny bit of aero development.

That front wing just makes me sad. It looks beautiful, but so much money wasted again.

Er, it is thinking time as the engineers responded to clarification from the FIA. I don't disagree about money spent, but as for if it s wasted? Who knows yet.

Back
Top Bottom