Spare Computer Parts for DC projects

Soldato
Hi, im starting to build my folding rig, i just bought an MSI-P6N-Diamond mobo, just waiting for more funds to get ram/cpu and gfx, any help from here would be much appreciated. cheers, Dane

Soldato
Hi, im interested in the ninja, im currently building my first folding rig and specs are as follows.

msi P6n diamond
e6600
bfg 8800gts x2
bequiet pure power 530W
geil ddr2 800 x4 1Gb
coolermaster 335

i just need to sort out cooling, cpu cooler and extra fans for the side of the case.

Associate
What a tool I am!?

Should really check the post date before posting Ehh? Would be a miracle if he still had it.

Sorry about that guys. I'm not having a very good start in this forum.

Man of Honour
OP
Think most of my old hard disks are flaked out, and if they're not, then I don't have the time to test them right now, sorry. Besides, using old hard disks for data recovery is a bad idea. If the data is that critical, you want a sure-fire reliable hard disk to image onto. If you image a defective disk onto an old disk, there's a chance both could die. You lose everything. Equally, you want to be imaging that disk now, not waiting in the hope someone comes up with the goods later.

And, to be perfectly honest, registering an account to come begging for stuff isn't a great idea. Yes, I did get the email.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any Hard Drives not needed please get in touch
Wanted for recovery of data
Thanks

I'd appreciate if you left that kind of stuff away from my e-mail. I'm not trusting of someone that has just come on the forums asking for my old drives. I have nothing to offer you, either.

Caporegime
I'd appreciate if you left that kind of stuff away from my e-mail. I'm not trusting of someone that has just come on the forums asking for my old drives. I have nothing to offer you, either.

Ditto. I don't appreciate random messages asking for free stuff, especially from 1-post members. I'm perfectly happy to help members out (and have done in the past), but ones that actually offer a value to the forums.

Soldato
In view of this recent development, why don't we update the first page to indicate that a forum member must meet one or all of the conditions below, before requesting kit?

a) Requester must be an active contributor to at least one OCUK distributed computing project, with a verifiable user profile and credit of at least a month.

b) Requester had accumulated at least 150(?) posts prior to asking for kit, or had been a forum member for half a year, whichever is more appropriate.

c) A new member who has both the intention and verifiable means to contribute to at least one project, may put his case in detail in this thread, requesting hardware, but may not spam other members' trust email with additional requests; donors may reserve kit for such an individual, pending the adherence to (a) or (b), or both.

Feel free to add whatever else is necessary, guys. :)

Permabanned
Anyone have any old hardware knocking about they no longer need?

If so post below what you've got, might be able to knock up something good for a bit of le' crunch

Back
Top Bottom