Spare Computer Parts for DC projects

Soldato
are you taking the pi...? you signed up for free pc parts? don't be stupid, these are for genuine members who are part of the ocuk distributed community
NOBODY IS GIVING YOU NOTHING!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Edit 3 2x GTX480's one has pink output from one of the dvi's but crunches fine.(first come first served one each) Gone to Ozaudio

I highly doubt the other 480 is still kicking about..? Would be good to crunch on over the winter months. Keep the room a bit toasty, while getting a few points! :)

The cheeky git above reminded me this thread exists... :D

I'm pretty sure I have some old crap (useful old crap though!) around, so will dig it out and see if anyone could use it...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah fair enough. :D

Well if you get bored of them because they aren't quite hot enough to fry bacon and eggs, let me know. My ability to buy cheap folding gear was quashed when my MM access was stripped from me. :(

I really want another 390 8GB which would double my PPD, but I can't get one for a reasonable price....

Associate
Graphics Card

im looking for a PCI-E x16 graphics card DDR2 as mine has died. looking to find something 256MB or higher as the mojority of my games run very badly with anything lower.
it is definatley needed as there are no on board graphics on my motherboard :(

i hope someone can help it would be very much appreciated

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its happening again! :p

This isn't a Freecycle in the usual sense, this is so we can share computer parts amongst our community, to help with distributed computing projects! Not so newcomers can get free graphics cards! ;)

I appreciate that you have to read the opening post pretty thoroughly to see that however... :o

You should be able to get a graphics card which meets your requirements for a few quid on eBay I imagine. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Need an external Ethernet network adapter if anyone has one laying about. My onboard NIC seems to have fried itself and all my slots are full of GPU's which are folding away so I can't use an internal one... :p

Also I have a fair few sticks of older DDR1 / DDR2 / DDR2 ECC around if anyone needs any, and an old socket 771 2GHz quad core Xeon. Possibly other bits.

Associate
Need an external Ethernet network adapter if anyone has one laying about. My onboard NIC seems to have fried itself and all my slots are full of GPU's which are folding away so I can't use an internal one... :p

Also I have a fair few sticks of older DDR1 / DDR2 / DDR2 ECC around if anyone needs any, and an old socket 771 2GHz quad core Xeon. Possibly other bits.

I have a usb to ethernet adaptor kicking about somewhere if I can find it.

Soldato
ddr 3 server ram, even 1gb sticks are usefull as I have a couple of duds here so have 27gb in a 32 core machine. 32gb means there is some projects I can run better than others as some each 1gb per thread!

Associate
------------------------------------
MEMORY

I have 8GB made up by 4x pairs of 1GB sticks of ECC 667F DDR2 up for grabs.

This isn't standard ECC DDR2 memory it's fully buffered ECC DDR2. The difference appears to be a displacement of 3 pins. It is PC2-5300F-555-11-B0 out of an HP system

MOTHERBOARDS

I have 2x Mini ATX motherboards that will take a Gen4 Intel processor and DDR3 memory, both boards are identical. They have 2x DDR3 memory slots 2x PCI-E slots (1x and 16x).

SWAP

For swap - I have 16GB or 4x 4GB 667 of standard ECC DDR2 from an IBM server. Will swap for non ECC of the same size if they are 667.

OLD STUFF

Okay, the junk yard... These are going to get the push if nobody wants them. I realise these are not new kit but they may be of use to someone. Cupboard needs a clearout...

Yes, these may have the odd bent pin.

I have 4x ancient 2.4GHz SL6EP Xeons. Single Cores.

2x AMD Opteron 2.4GHz single core socket 940s. OSA250FAA5BL

2x AMD Opteron 2.2GHz single core socket 940s OSA248CEP5AU

Intel Core2Duo SLGTE 2.93GHz

Intel Dual Core SLA8X 2.2GHz

Intel Celeron SR10M 2.3GHz

Oh and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800

Okay, so I do have more modern kit. Just thought I'd do the oldest first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom