Spartak Moscow - Racist Tweets

Don
Why am I assuming that using a racist term to describe 3 black people is racist? Surely that's a fair assumption to make, it's the opposite that needs some sort of evidence to prove.

And I agree that groups of friends can say terrible things to each other without meaning any harm but you'd have to be a monumental ****wit to think it's ok to share these things with the entire world unless of course you think calling black people chocolates is ok.
The assumption is that malice is intended (which is where racism would then come from).

Otherwise it’s just somebody naive making public something they’re happy to joke about on the training pitch.

Don
The assumption is that malice is intended (which is where racism would then come from).

Otherwise it’s just somebody naive making public something they’re happy to joke about on the training pitch.
When you use such terms it's fair to assume such things and when you're happy to say such things openly, given the criticism your club and country has got for issues with racism, you're either a ****ing moron or openly racist and don't give a ****. I personally can't imagine anybody is that stupid which makes me assume the latter.

Don
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
I'm not somebody that looks for offence but you've got to be incredible stupid to do what this guy did unless of course malice was intended, although I'm not sure malice would be the right word in this situation. You often find with racists that they don't even recognise that they're being malicious or offensive with what they say. Their racist beliefs are so deep rooted that they think their views are the norm and completely ok to express in public.

Don
Whether racist comments or just general insults, lets not pretend that groups of friends don't say terrible things to each other with no harm being intended or taken. I know that if anybody heard the things me and my friends said to each other they'd think we hated each other. What Jokester's saying isn't that far fetched.

This issue I have is that this guy was so willing to say what he said so openly for the world to see.

Don
Why do you keep mentioning "locker room banter" like that would make it ok ?

Start with this tripe in "locker room" and expect a slap.
Because there’s a difference between mutual **** taking in private between good friends and just plain old abuse in public.

At best this was a major social faux pas by making it public by someone who was a bit stupid and naive, at worst it was a racist attack by someone who has a problem with people with black skin.

Don
Whether racist comments or just general insults, lets not pretend that groups of friends don't say terrible things to each other with no harm being intended or taken. I know that if anybody heard the things me and my friends said to each other they'd think we hated each other.
I think this is an interesting point looking at the Aluko case and how she was treated by her team mates.

This issue I have is that this guy was so willing to say what he said so openly for the world to see.
Indeed, regardless of the guys intent, it could not have happened in a worst place given that a lot of the audience of the post are bona fide racists who will quite happily shout abuse at the players purely because of their skin colour.

Soldato
Because there’s a difference between mutual **** taking in private between good friends and just plain old abuse in public.

At best this was a major social faux pas by making it public by someone who was a bit stupid and naive, at worst it was a racist attack by someone who has a problem with people with black skin.

**** taking in private is one thing, still wrong but it happens, this was spread by the clubs social media account. Ignorance isnt an excuse, its blatantly racist.

Good lord,

Don
**** taking in private is one thing, still wrong but it happens, this was spread by the clubs social media account. Ignorance isnt an excuse, its blatantly racist.

Good lord,
Ignorance doesn't make it ok but it also doesn't equal racism, though you'd have to be hugely ignorant in this incident to not understand what you were doing.

Don
That doesn't make it correct though does it? Your first few posts seem to suggest that as long its in private its OK, I find that equally concerning to be quite honest.
I’m not talking about people that are being bullied. But there is a male mate culture where people mutually abuse each other as part of bonding, especially in these sorts of situations where they spend all day with each other and are also getting naked together. Inhibitions are both physically and mentally stripped away.

So there is a difference between what’s said behind closed doors within a tight nit group.

Soldato
I’m not talking about people that are being bullied. But there is a male mate culture where people mutually abuse each other as part of bonding, especially in these sorts of situations where they spend all day with each other and are also getting naked together. Inhibitions are both physically and mentally stripped away.

So there is a difference between what’s said behind closed doors within a tight nit group.

So we are clear in a “male mate bonding culture” you think it’s acceptable to make fun out of people based on their skin colour?

Taking it one step further if you were in this culture would you be comfortable with it?

Back
Top Bottom