Spec me - A Bottle of Gin

Associate
Just had a Jinzu delivered. Nice, slightly sweet gin so I paired it with grapefruit and Fever Tree. Very enjoyable.

Have an Eden Mill Love Gin on order. Very much looking forward to this. Any recommendations as to garnish?

Soldato
The remy martin xo I got for xmas came with an interesting 3cl taster:

"Perry's Tot" Navy Strength Gin.. 57% ABV!

Soldato
Thread revival, Mrs has decided to get her friend a bottle of Gin for her birthday and was wondering what would be good (budget around £30-£35ish)

I was looking at Professor Ableforths Bathtub Gin, is it any good?

Soldato
Can we have a bit of background on this friend, please? What sort of food does she enjoy, are there any particular flavours or ingredients that she has a particular fondness for?

Does she have more of a savoury or a sweet tooth?

Soldato
Can we have a bit of background on this friend, please? What sort of food does she enjoy, are there any particular flavours or ingredients that she has a particular fondness for?

Does she have more of a savoury or a sweet tooth?

I'll ask the wife when she gets home from work

Man of Honour
Thread revival, Mrs has decided to get her friend a bottle of Gin for her birthday and was wondering what would be good (budget around £30-£35ish)

I was looking at Professor Ableforths Bathtub Gin, is it any good?

I've not tried their gin but if their rum is anything to go by I'd have no problem picking up a bottle.

Soldato
At my last count, I had 37 bottles of gin, so yeh I a bit addicted lol

Tarquins is one of my favourites at the moment.

Bombay sapphire!? Yeh it's nice but it's nothing special. It's like saying I'm a whisky connoisseur and my favourite is Bell's or similar.

Get a nice proper gin and you can even enjoy it neat on ice.

Soldato
At my last count, I had 37 bottles of gin, so yeh I a bit addicted lol

Tarquins is one of my favourites at the moment.

Bombay sapphire!? Yeh it's nice but it's nothing special. It's like saying I'm a whisky connoisseur and my favourite is Bell's or similar.

Get a nice proper gin and you can even enjoy it neat on ice.

While i like a G&T i dont find it worth spending more than £25 on a bottle. If i have £35 for a bottle of spirit i would much rather get a bottle of scotch. Personally i dont find the quality of gin to rise with price like it does with whisky or even rum. Others may taste the difference but i cant, maybe because i never have it neat.

Soldato
Decided to order the Bathtub as it's only £30.05 from Amazon delivered, after speaking to the missus she just wanted to get her a bottle that you can't get in Tesco so thought that would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom