Spec me a CCTV System

Permabanned
Any IR will bloom back at you though normal glass

I have the older YI outdoor 1080p IR but the new Kami 1080p model has colour night vision as well as IR so it will work though glass if you disable the IR as I have tested this recently with a Reolink Argus 2 (it had other performance issues and limitation issues so sent it back).

Soldato

I have the older YI outdoor 1080p IR but the new Kami 1080p model has colour night vision as well as IR so it will work though glass if you disable the IR as I have tested this recently with a Reolink Argus 2 (it had other performance issues and limitation issues so sent it back).
Have seen the new colourvu footage
At night it's certainly impressive
Tried out my new reolink c1 pro
With infrared off aimed out the window
Problem was at night if lights on in the room got terrible reflections
Other than that though for forty quid i
Payed for it pretty decent
Pan and tilt and WiFi and remote viewing for that moneys pretty incredible really
I would still prefer camera mounted outside though if at all possible

Permabanned
The Reolink Argus 2 (wireless/solar option) cannot record continually it is only small 10sec or so captures and even then it half the time is too late to capture anything, the solar side was poor esp. at rear of house not in direct sun but bright daylight.

You are ideally going to need to have one wire for power even on a WIFI cam so many will say just get an IP cam that uses POE but then you need an injector to connect to your router.

KAMI have two wireless outdoor cam that run on batteries and, I like the bigger model witch has colour night vision, but so far it cannot record continually either but they do mention that "may" be added in future but then the rechargeable battery will drop from 3-6months so far less unless they bring out a proper working solar add on for it.

Underboss

thanks for that

anything , erm cheaper ?
i dont need cloud storage, wireless to my PC or HDD of some sorts is good for me
looks good though :)

Permabanned
Do not use the Cloud service (can take the 30day FREE trial to test it) stick an SD card in it, you still get 6 sec long triggered alerts from the cloud for free as well as continuous 24/7 recording to your SD card.

You will also have an Android (any mobile no doubt) App and Windows store App for your PC to view your cam (though PC version is more basic).

Soldato
Just updating my CCTV currently I have 7608ni-E2 NVR with a 2cd2145fwd 4mm dome at the front of the house and two bullet 2cd2232-I5s 4mm and 6mm which work great at night. I have ordered a 7616ni-i2 with the thought i will probably keep the cameras I have and reallocate them to other parts of the house. The dome currently sits on the front of the house and looks at my drive and the road. One of the things that has always bugged me though is the ability to pause the photo and look at vehicle registrations isn't very clear.

The bullets I am replacing with 2cd2T85G1-I8s but i don't really know what to replace the dome with on the front. Any recommendations on a decent dome for the front of the house that will work well at night as well, I have looked at the 2185FWD but I don't think the night vision is going to be much better than what I have now. I wouldn't mind a PTZ with night vision but don't want to spend £300 on the one camera.

Associate
Associate
Hi all, looking for a discrete indoor IP camera (1080p+) that is Synology compatible and be able to sit on a desk. A lot of the ones I can see are big bulky ceiling mounted.

Last edited:
Associate
Why do you need an indoor camera?

I'd look into nest indoor IQ cameras personally for the smart benefits.

It's not going outdoors. Not into the Nest thing, I'd like to setup multiple cameras around the house which is better with Synology. I found the Amcrest UltraHD 2K which seems reasonable.

Caporegime
It's not going outdoors. Not into the Nest thing, I'd like to setup multiple cameras around the house which is better with Synology. I found the Amcrest UltraHD 2K which seems reasonable.

I just don't get why you want cameras indoors recording you and what you do in your own home is the point I'm getting at.

They are supposed to deter thieves. So placing them outside in prominent locations where they can see them is best.

Back
Top Bottom